Re: .chm help file not recognized ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by JD, Feb 26, 2010.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    On 25/02/2010 9:43 PM, Pete10016 wrote:
    > I'm running Vista and the association somehow is broken between .chm and
    > "microsoft html help executable" -whatever that be.
    > I've searched, googled, tried installations, but can't fix. Any advice
    > out there??

    I don't use Vista but the file that should be associated with ".chm" is
    "hh.exe" it should be in your c:\windows folder, whether you should
    associate the file using a reg hack or the association manager (control
    panel > Default Programs > Set Associations) is for you to decide.

    JD

    JD, Feb 26, 2010

  2. JD

    JD Guest

    On 26/02/2010 8:10 PM, Pete10016 wrote:

    > "JD" <> wrote in message
    >> On 25/02/2010 9:43 PM, Pete10016 wrote:
    >>> I'm running Vista and the association somehow is broken between .chm and
    >>> "microsoft html help executable" -whatever that be.
    >>> I've searched, googled, tried installations, but can't fix. Any advice
    >>> out there??
    >>>

    >> I don't use Vista but the file that should be associated with ".chm"
    >> is "hh.exe" it should be in your c:\windows folder, whether you should
    >> associate the file using a reg hack or the association manager
    >> (control panel > Default Programs > Set Associations) is for you to
    >> decide.
    >>
    >> JD

    > Close. The solution was to double click the .chm and associate it with
    > hh.exe
    > You can't just set the association because it won't be there.

    sure you can just associate *.chm with hh.exe

    regards
    JD

    JD, Feb 26, 2010