Re: changing the temperature in the bios of an amd athlon

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pcbutts1, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Nospam, <>, whose name means "has difficulties in controlling
    alcohol-taking behaviour; stuck up", gassed:

    > Does anybody know where in setup in the bios I can change the
    > temperature to switch off, I believe the switch off temperature is way too
    > low.

    Can you really change the temperature to switch off?
    pcbutts1, Jul 19, 2005

  2. pcbutts1

    Nospam Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > Nospam, <>, whose name means "has difficulties in
    > controlling
    > alcohol-taking behaviour; stuck up", gassed:
    >
    >> Does anybody know where in setup in the bios I can change the
    >> temperature to switch off, I believe the switch off temperature is way
    >> too
    >> low.

    > Can you really change the temperature to switch off?

    if I were to click on del when rebooting I can go to the bios and in it
    there is an option for pc health it tells me the temperature of the cpu and
    the unit, my comp periodically crashes at room temperature I have rescanned
    double scanned for any trojans worms virii backdoor the comp is clean I am
    left with the option that there is a certain temperature at which the comp
    just crashes because of a temperature setting in the bios, I am simply
    trying to increase this temperature setting so the comp doesn't crash so
    often.
    Nospam, Jul 19, 2005

  3. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Nospam, <>, whose name means "gives oral for ten cents; tells
    lies about education achievements; only has one eyebrow that goes right
    across his forehead", irrupted:

    > if I were to click on del when rebooting I can go to the bios and in it
    > there is an option for pc health it tells me the temperature of the cpu
    > and the unit, my comp periodically crashes at room temperature I have
    > rescanned double scanned for any trojans worms virii backdoor the comp is
    > clean I am left with the option that there is a certain temperature at
    > which the comp just crashes because of a temperature setting in the bios,
    > I am simply trying to increase this temperature setting so the comp
    > doesn't crash so often.

    I've been feeling kind of lonesome.
    pcbutts1, Jul 19, 2005
  4. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Samuria, <>, whose name means "has serious disabilities;
    looks good in a sequined dress", cooed:

    > If the system crashes because of the temp then its getting to hot if the
    > pc shuts down it set in the bios at the right level change it and you will
    > have a fried chip.

    I think you are hiding the real reason.

    > Thats why it wont let you change it all you can change is the temp
    > warning.

    It's in the blood.

    > You need a better fan on the cpu or case.

    Better than what?
    pcbutts1, Jul 19, 2005
  5. pcbutts1

    Nospam Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > Samuria, <>, whose name means "has serious disabilities;
    > looks good in a sequined dress", cooed:
    >
    > > If the system crashes because of the temp then its getting to hot if the
    > > pc shuts down it set in the bios at the right level change it and you

    will
    > > have a fried chip.

    > I think you are hiding the real reason.
    >
    > > Thats why it wont let you change it all you can change is the temp
    > > warning.

    > It's in the blood.
    >
    > > You need a better fan on the cpu or case.

    > Better than what?

    Where can I change the temp warning in the bios
    Nospam, Jul 20, 2005
  6. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Nospam, <>, whose name means "gives oral for ten cents;
    droll, really droll", alleged:

    > Where can I change the temp warning in the bios.

    You gotta look out for yourself.
    pcbutts1, Jul 20, 2005
  7. pcbutts1

    nos1eep Guest

    "Nospam" <> wrote in message

    > "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    >> Samuria, <>, whose name means "has serious disabilities;
    >> looks good in a sequined dress", cooed:
    >>
    >> > If the system crashes because of the temp then its getting to hot if
    >> > the
    >> > pc shuts down it set in the bios at the right level change it and you

    > will
    >> > have a fried chip.

    >> I think you are hiding the real reason.
    >>
    >> > Thats why it wont let you change it all you can change is the temp
    >> > warning.

    >> It's in the blood.
    >>
    >> > You need a better fan on the cpu or case.

    >> Better than what?

    > Where can I change the temp warning in the bios

    Get a can of air and blow the heatsink out. Check to make sure the heatsink
    fan is running, then download Motherboard Monitor
    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/download.html to assess and monitor your heat
    problem. Your BIOS setting is entirely dependant upon the mobo you are
    using, so find out what you got and look it up.
    nos1eep, Jul 20, 2005
  8. pcbutts1

    Nospam Guest

    used a quick restore on the comp now it won't load past the boot screen

    I think I may have munged my pc, tried to get it back to it's original
    configuration with a quick restore cd (supposed to downgrade back to it's
    original winme configuration half way through the process the computer
    switched off as it does (see OP)) but now it won't load past the boot up
    screen, the monitor simply switches off as if it has over heated, normally
    givena few days the monitor would come back on again but it's been a few
    weeks and it simply switches off once again past the boot screen as if there
    is no operating system. Is this the end for the pc or is there some miracle
    I can do?

    Nospam, Jul 27, 2005
  9. pcbutts1

    johnny o Guest

    Re: used a quick restore on the comp now it won't load past the boot screen

    "Nospam" <> wrote in message
    >I think I may have munged my pc, tried to get it back to it's original
    > configuration with a quick restore cd (supposed to downgrade back to it's
    > original winme configuration half way through the process the computer
    > switched off as it does (see OP)) but now it won't load past the boot up
    > screen, the monitor simply switches off as if it has over heated, normally
    > givena few days the monitor would come back on again but it's been a few
    > weeks and it simply switches off once again past the boot screen as if
    > there
    > is no operating system. Is this the end for the pc or is there some
    > miracle
    > I can do?
    >

    > "nos1eep" <No> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Nospam" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message

    > disabilities;

    >> > will

    >> > Where can I change the temp warning in the bios

    >> Get a can of air and blow the heatsink out. Check to make sure the

    > heatsink
    >> fan is running, then download Motherboard Monitor
    >> http://mbm.livewiredev.com/download.html to assess and monitor your heat
    >> problem. Your BIOS setting is entirely dependant upon the mobo you are
    >> using, so find out what you got and look it up.

    Or, if it's not overheating - At start immediately hold down the ctrl key.
    If this doesn't take you to the safe mode option then there probly isn't the
    miracle. johnnnny
    johnny o, Jul 27, 2005