Re: Changing the hard drive on a Polaroid DRM-2001G

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by GMAN, Jun 11, 2008.

  1. GMAN

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, <> wrote:
    >This has been a fine machine until this past week. The hard drive is
    >showing signs of failure. Has anyone ever changed the hard drive on this
    >machine, and if so, what's involved?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Norm Strong

    Norm, from what i am reading right now on some posts on google, the
    replacement of the hard drive in your unit is plug and play. If it doesnt
    automatically come up asnd see the new hard drive and offer to format it, i
    believe there is a bios menu somewhere to do this.

    I have seen posts of as large as a 500GB drive being used in that unit.

    Take a drive you have laying around and plop it in to try it.

    http://forum.videohelp.com/topic319743.html

    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=736151

    http://catalog.ebay.
    com/Polaroid-DRM-2001G-80-GB-DVD-Recorder-HDD-Recorder_W0QQ_fclsZ1QQ_pidZ55609
    774QQ_tabZ3

    GMAN, Jun 11, 2008