Re: Changing the hard drive on a Polaroid DRM-2001G

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by godslabrat@gmail.com, Jun 11, 2008.

  1. Guest

    On Jun 10, 8:51 pm, <> wrote:
    > This has been a fine machine until this past week. The hard drive is
    > showing signs of failure. Has anyone ever changed the hard drive on this
    > machine, and if so, what's involved?

    Heaving it directly into the nearest dumpster and proceeding directly
    to your electronics retailer of choice to get a new recorder from a
    different maker.

    I'm not trying to be a smartass. Polaroid is one of the junkiest
    brands I've seen in recent years, and I can't advise putting any money
    into this thing to repair it. As soon as you get the hard drive in
    there, something else will fail. I was selling electronics not too
    long ago, and the failure/dissatisfaction rates on the Polaroids were
    beyond inexcusable. Think of every day you got out of that unit as a
    bonus, and get yourself something else. Anything else.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    , Jun 11, 2008