    it just as I have on outlook express.
    Thanks very kindly for any help.
    from Eddie...
    eddie, Dec 5, 2004

  2. Hi,

    In article <cov522$4e3$>, edward.doyle1
    @btopenworld.com says...
    > Hi
    > A pal of mine was telling me that microsoft outlook is far better than
    > outlook express but what I would like to know is can I get the newsgroups on
    > it just as I have on outlook express.

    Outlook does not do news. There is a menu-item for "news" in Outlook,
    but all it does is open Outlook Express in news-only mode.
    --

    Mark Veldhuis.
    Mark Veldhuis, Dec 5, 2004

  3. eddie

    Valverdez Guest

    "eddie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > A pal of mine was telling me that microsoft outlook is far better than
    > outlook express but what I would like to know is can I get the newsgroups
    > on it just as I have on outlook express.
    > Thanks very kindly for any help.
    > from Eddie...

    Nop, but after installing Outlook you can still use either or to read mail
    or OE to read news only.

    Valverde
    Valverdez, Dec 5, 2004
  4. eddie

    Duane Arnold Guest

    eddie wrote:

    > Hi
    > A pal of mine was telling me that microsoft outlook is far better than
    > outlook express but what I would like to know is can I get the newsgroups
    > on it just as I have on outlook express.

    The default NG reader for Outlook is Outlook Express. When you make the
    View/Go To/News menu selection, Outlook is going to start OE. You can also
    just leave the short-cut for OE on the desktop as well to start OE to read
    or make NG posts.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Dec 6, 2004