Re: changing browser search button default (eg: change to Google)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by zarathustra, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. zarathustra

    zarathustra Guest

    °Mike° doodled:
    > On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:00:27 GMT, in
    > <>
    > zarathustra scrawled:
    >
    >> °Mike° doodled:
    >>> Close the side column, and install the Google toolbar.
    >>> Search directly from the toolbar.
    >>>
    >>> Be careful NOT to choose the advanced features, as there
    >>> are privacy issues with it.
    >>>
    >>> http://toolbar.google.com

    >> Not quite what the OP asked for.

    > It's exactly what the OP asked for, IMO:
    > "and opening as a full page rather than on the left side column."

    I'm not looking for an argument with you, Mike. Unhappily, I'm already
    engaged in several with those I would have at one time called 'friend'. I
    was simply pointing out the following: OP - "How do I redirect the search
    button on my browser to go to a different site - like Google [...]" To me
    that suggests the google.reg file.

    > Besides, h/s went away happy.

    Indeed. And that's the main thing.

    --
    'the real TOMMY Tutalidge' wrote in message
    news:: - "The people that post in yenc have a
    pickle shoved up their arse."

    '-= Hawk =-' replied in message
    news:nkhdcv4c8uga0jonl0jpcgr8mt3g6m49na@news-server: - "And the people
    (like you) who whine about yEnc eat those pickles."

    http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus/profanis.htm

    zarathustra, Jun 22, 2003