Re: Change

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Whiskers, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-10-06, Bobby Bewl <> wrote:

    > "Bobby Bewl" <> wrote in message
    >>I feel for Maggie Thatcher (on this one and only occasion) in her efforts
    >>to get this country to change their ways. I am, too, having to try and to
    >>adjust to the fact, this evening my pub no longer sell Old Speckled Hen on
    >>draught.
    >>
    >> Lydd Airport stopped selling it a few years ago and now my boozer.
    >>
    >> Since Greene King took over the making of it OSH has not been the same, so
    >> I guess its end was inevitable.
    >>
    >> Anyway tomight I'm on Old Empire.
    >>
    >> Tomoorow, I will wake up to the realities of pub life.
    >>
    >> Bobby

    > Sorry, I should have this to a uk.local.... newsgroup.
    >
    > Bloody London Pride is no substitute for Old Speckled Hen
    >
    > Bobby

    If you liked the brew named after a rusty old sports car, perhaps you
    should look for other machine or transport related labels?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 7, 2006

  2. Whiskers

    Bobby Bewl Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-10-06, Bobby Bewl <> wrote:
    >>

    >> "Bobby Bewl" <> wrote in message
    >>>I feel for Maggie Thatcher (on this one and only occasion) in her efforts
    >>>to get this country to change their ways. I am, too, having to try and
    >>>adjust to the fact, this evening my pub no longer sell Old Speckled Hen
    >>>on
    >>>draught.
    >>>
    >>> Lydd Airport stopped selling it a few years ago and now my boozer.
    >>>
    >>> Since Greene King took over the making of it OSH has not been the same,
    >>> so
    >>> I guess its end was inevitable.
    >>>
    >>> Anyway tomight I'm on Old Empire.
    >>>
    >>> Tomoorow, I will wake up to the realities of pub life.
    >>>
    >>> Bobby

    >> Sorry, I should have this to a uk.local.... newsgroup.
    >>
    >> Bloody London Pride is no substitute for Old Speckled Hen
    >>
    >> Bobby

    > If you liked the brew named after a rusty old sports car, perhaps you
    > should look for other machine or transport related labels?

    lol So there is someone here who knows OSH. I like pale ale and the pub
    has replaced OSH with London Pride, which is ok. Last night, at home, on
    return from the pub I was on Old Empire, which is better than London Pride.

    Bobby Bewl, Oct 7, 2006

  3. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-10-07, Bobby Bewl <> wrote:

    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2006-10-06, Bobby Bewl <> wrote:
    >>>

    >>> "Bobby Bewl" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sorry, I should have this to a uk.local.... newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>> Bloody London Pride is no substitute for Old Speckled Hen
    >>>
    >>> Bobby

    >> If you liked the brew named after a rusty old sports car, perhaps you
    >> should look for other machine or transport related labels?

    > lol So there is someone here who knows OSH. I like pale ale and the pub
    > has replaced OSH with London Pride, which is ok. Last night, at home, on
    > return from the pub I was on Old Empire, which is better than London Pride.

    I'm a bit of a dilletante when it comes to ale; try anything once! I
    don't really have a favourite.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 7, 2006
  4. Whiskers

    Bobby Bewl Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-10-07, Bobby Bewl <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message

    >>> If you liked the brew named after a rusty old sports car, perhaps you
    >>> should look for other machine or transport related labels?

    >> lol So there is someone here who knows OSH. I like pale ale and the pub
    >> has replaced OSH with London Pride, which is ok. Last night, at home, on
    >> return from the pub I was on Old Empire, which is better than London
    >> Pride.

    > I'm a bit of a dilletante when it comes to ale; try anything once!

    Me too.

    > I don't really have a favourite.

    Only in the local pub did I have OSH as a favourite.

    Bobby Bewl, Oct 7, 2006
  5. Whiskers

    clot Guest

    Bobby Bewl wrote:
    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2006-10-07, Bobby Bewl <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message

    >>> lol So there is someone here who knows OSH. I like pale ale and
    >>> the pub has replaced OSH with London Pride, which is ok. Last
    >>> night, at home, on return from the pub I was on Old Empire, which
    >>> is better than London Pride.

    >> I'm a bit of a dilletante when it comes to ale; try anything once!

    > Me too.
    >
    >> I don't really have a favourite.

    > Only in the local pub did I have OSH as a favourite.

    It's reached deepest, darkest NW Wales coast. It's my favourite in a
    local there!

    clot, Oct 7, 2006
  6. Whiskers

    Bobby Bewl Guest

    "clot" <> wrote in message
    > Bobby Bewl wrote:
    >> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message

    >>> I'm a bit of a dilletante when it comes to ale; try anything once!

    >> Me too.
    >>
    >>> I don't really have a favourite.

    >> Only in the local pub did I have OSH as a favourite.

    > It's reached deepest, darkest NW Wales coast. It's my favourite in a local
    > there!

    I'll drink to that! That's good. I try all sorts of beers but end up with
    the regional ales rather than the national ones. I used to drink OSH in
    bottles at home but when I found a pub that sold it on draught I went there
    regularly. The draught OSH is noticably better.

    Its nice to know that there is someone else, albeit in far away deepest,
    darkest NW Wales coast, that has it as his/her favourite.

    Bobby Bewl, Oct 7, 2006
  7. Whiskers

    clot Guest

    Bobby Bewl wrote:
    > "clot" <> wrote in message
    >> Bobby Bewl wrote:
    >>> "Whiskers" <> wrote in message

    >>> Me too.

    >>> Only in the local pub did I have OSH as a favourite.

    >> It's reached deepest, darkest NW Wales coast. It's my favourite in a
    >> local there!

    > I'll drink to that! That's good. I try all sorts of beers but end
    > up with the regional ales rather than the national ones. I used to
    > drink OSH in bottles at home but when I found a pub that sold it on
    > draught I went there regularly. The draught OSH is noticably better.
    >
    > Its nice to know that there is someone else, albeit in far away
    > deepest, darkest NW Wales coast, that has it as his/her favourite.

    The location of which I speak
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/15/15583/Deganwy_Castle_Hotel/Deganwy

    'Twas the village where I wus upbrought. For many a year, I've lived in
    LE11, so far from the sea and my yacht.

    Once upon a time, I could get Home Ales Mild here - a former nectar for
    me - alas, S & N did their worst and killed Home Ales. Now, I rarely go
    to the pub, just to the monthly meeting of the Share Club that I set up
    about 8 years ago and perhaps also once a month as a change, though
    there are few folk there from the old skool!

    clot, Oct 7, 2006