Re: Change IP via Web site

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Mar 16, 2009.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Teather Mitty wrote:
    > I am in Canada. I just rebuilt my system and lost (don't remember) the
    > web site that I could go to to give me a US IP. I do have Hide My IP
    > 2008 but that takes forever to load a page.

    One term is 'web proxy' - the wiki refers to your desired strategy as a
    'circumventor' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server#Circumventor ...
    a method of defeating blocking policies ...

    > This web page changed it
    > and the pages loaded quickly.
    >
    > Can someone please give me the URL?

    "I'm thinking of something. What is it?"

    Googlewebsearch on web proxy gives 14 million hits. Are we supposed to
    guess which one you liked?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 16, 2009