Re: "Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 wil

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Pedro Simoes, Nov 24, 2005.

  1. Pedro Simoes

    Pedro Simoes Guest

    FROM THE OTHER POST
    Blackmetal is very correct...

    Microsoft will continue to support the MCAD and MCSD.Net, till the
    support
    for .Net 1.0 & 1.1 will continue...

    MCAD and MCSD.Net will not be pulled away or dismissed only that newer
    cert
    family is now available, upgrade paths will be available and we
    encourage
    people to take upgrade paths whenever they are ready and have upgraded
    their
    skills to .Net 2.0...

    wishes
    Vishal R Joshi
    Product Planner - Technical
    VS.Net 2005 Certifications, Microsoft

    "Blackmetal" wrote:

    > There won't be changes to the current exams.
    >
    > The new certifications are very specific to the Net Framework 2.0 and

    they
    > will be recognized independently of each other.
    >
    > Also, the current credentials, won't be dismissed and we don't need to

    do
    > anything to maintain them.
    >
    > "yz" <> wrote in message
    > >I need one more exam for MCAD.
    > > I am not sure if I hurry up clear my last exam, can I still get MCAD

    > > before
    > > next year? Since I have been preparing my last exam, I hope to get

    MCAD

    "Bugwriter" wrote:

    > Does anyone know how long the MCSD certification will be available?

    At this
    > site ( http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/faq/ ) Microsoft

    says to
    > continue on if you've already started toward an MCSD. I've just

    purchased a
    > complete set of MCSD courseware from AppDev and am wondering if I can

    still
    > take all of the tests and get the certification in the next 6-12

    months.
    > (After that I would work on the tests to upgrade to one of the new
    > certifications.)
    >
    > Bugwriter
    >
    > "Vipul Patel" wrote:
    >
    > > Additional link is
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/
    > >
    > > "DST" <> wrote in message
    > > Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be
    > > available in early 2006. Microsoft will present more information

    about
    > > the credentials and learning resources at a launch event Nov. 7 for

    the
    > > Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 and BizTalkĀ® Server 2006

    products.

    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/oct05/10-25MSLearningNewCe
    rtsPR.mspx

    Pedro Simoes, Nov 24, 2005