Re: Cell phone battery question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:17:59 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:

    > I just got a new cell phone, LG 300 and it says "To get the most out of
    > your battery life, charge your phone for 5 hours before using it"
    >
    > So even though it's now after 2.5 hours it's fully charged, I need to
    > charge for 5 hours? Why is that?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Because they are not fully charged when you buy a phone. You do like a
    fully charged battery right?

    Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 17:09:08 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:

    > On 9/9/2010 4:31 PM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:17:59 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just got a new cell phone, LG 300 and it says "To get the most out
    >>> of your battery life, charge your phone for 5 hours before using it"
    >>>
    >>> So even though it's now after 2.5 hours it's fully charged, I need to
    >>> charge for 5 hours? Why is that?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance

    >> Because they are not fully charged when you buy a phone. You do like a
    >> fully charged battery right?

    > yes, but re-read my question

    All i could think of at the time was a funny answer. I knew that it was
    to init the battery but couldn't put it into words :) I did a full init
    on the battery in my now 6 yr old Asus M6N laptop and it still holds
    an hour+ charge with full brightness on the screen. The init took
    something like 20 hours. So yes it is very important to charge a LiOn
    battery completely. My LG phone has a LiPo battery, haven't researched
    if the same hold true for it.

    Meat Plow, Sep 10, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    <> wrote:

    >On 9/9/2010 4:31 PM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 16:17:59 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just got a new cell phone, LG 300 and it says "To get the most out of
    >>> your battery life, charge your phone for 5 hours before using it"
    >>>
    >>> So even though it's now after 2.5 hours it's fully charged, I need to
    >>> charge for 5 hours? Why is that?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance

    >> Because they are not fully charged when you buy a phone. You do like a
    >> fully charged battery right?

    >yes, but re-read my question ;)
    >
    >I should have googled first, I found the answer here:

    If everyone "googled" there wouldn't be Usenet. Nor would the jerks
    who keep reminding you to "google" first have a life.
    , Sep 10, 2010