Re: CD RW Disk Read Error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian H¹©, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    John said:

    > Was wondering if anyone could help with this.
    > I just got a CDRW disk with software burned on it but I cannot read
    > the Cd and am unsure what software was used to burn it.
    >
    > I get a directory listing of:
    > Non-Allocatable List
    > Size: 0
    >
    > I tried looking at it with Nero Burning ROM and it shos:
    > Title: Track 1
    > Duration: 74:38.52
    > Mode: data Track
    >
    > Any ideas how I can even extract the files from it?

    Sounds like you have InCD turned off or not installed.
    Brian H¹©, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    John said:

    > Thx to both of you for your replies.
    > After some tinkering, I finally decided to try reading it on my Cd
    > burner and was able to copy the install files to my HD.
    > Guess I should tell the guy he's not burning it properly.

    Your mistake, you can't read a CD-RW with packet writing on a CD-ROM

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
    Brian H¹©, Jul 17, 2003