Re: CD-ROM's gone??

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:02:01 -0400, "SBFan2000"
    <> wrote:

    >Windows 2000 has just stop recognizing my CD-ROM, CD-RW and DVD-ROM!! I
    >suspect a corrupt registry! Any ideas?? Have tried reinstalling drivers,
    >tried removing cds and let windows redetect! Both failed!

    If you're using Easy CD Creator and W2k or XP, it could be an
    incompatibility issue. There are lower filters and upper filters keys
    in the registry that need to be removed if that is the case. I forget
    exactly where they are, but this can be found on the MS KB, and also
    in HP's tech support pages. I talked a few people through the
    procedure over the phone, and it's pretty straight-forward. It
    requires the use of regedit, though. Step by step, one step at a time,
    read the procedure over a few times first if you are not comfortable
    with regedit.

    Heck, I did a little search myself. If you need it, from Plextor's
    website...

    "The resolution for these Error Codes is the same for both operating
    systems. Completely remove the Upper Filters and Lower Filters values
    from the registry keys for your operating system. Refer to Windows
    2000 article number Q270008 or, for Windows XP, article number
    Q314060."

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 28, 2003