    RussS
    MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

    http://www.techexams.net/
    RussS, Jun 27, 2003

  2. RussS

    Ted Guest

    I have exactly the same problem ! I don't feel good in regedit though -
    maybe you can help ?

    I opened the regedit tree up as your line below, but that then opens up to
    yet more lines - what's my next step ?

    thanks in advance

    Ed

    "SBFan2000" <> wrote in message
    > Think I just figured it out! Deleted the Upper and Lower Filters in the
    > Registry at:
    >
    > Local

    Machine/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002
    > BE10318
    >
    > Rebooted and Drives are back, have yet to test them though, especially the
    > DVD-RW and CD-RW
    >

    > "SBFan2000" <> wrote in message
    > > I do have three in one system! Bios is detecting them and if I

    uninstall
    > > them, windows redetects them, installs drivers and then they go bad

    again!

    > > "Logan W." <> wrote in message
    > > > This happened also to my system, due to a loose cable. However, you

    say
    > > > that all three drives are out?
    > > > Well then, unless you have SCSI then this would point to something

    else.
    > > > But I am guessing that you do not have 3 CD drives in one system.
    > > >
    > > > Logan

    ---
    Ted, Jun 29, 2003

  3. RussS

    Ted Guest

    Hey I took the plunge - did it - it worked just great - THANK YOU !!!

    Ed

    "Ted dsl.pipex.com>" <appa04@<nilspam> wrote in message
    > I have exactly the same problem ! I don't feel good in regedit though -
    > maybe you can help ?
    >
    > I opened the regedit tree up as your line below, but that then opens up to
    > yet more lines - what's my next step ?
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Ed
    >
    > "SBFan2000" <> wrote in message
    > > Think I just figured it out! Deleted the Upper and Lower Filters in the
    > > Registry at:
    > >
    > > Local

    Machine/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002
    > > BE10318
    > >
    > > Rebooted and Drives are back, have yet to test them though, especially

    the
    > > DVD-RW and CD-RW
    > >

    > > "SBFan2000" <> wrote in message
    > > > I do have three in one system! Bios is detecting them and if I

    > uninstall
    > > > them, windows redetects them, installs drivers and then they go bad

    > again!
    > > >

    > > > "Logan W." <> wrote in message

    > say

    > else.