Re: CD ROM problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by HamMan, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. HamMan

    HamMan Guest

    "Johnny5" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > The CD ROM in my PC will play audio cd's but will not play game cd's, the

    PC
    > is running Windows 98 and was previously ok, does anyone know what may be
    > causing this and how to corect it please?
    >
    > Thank's

    Boot to a Win98 setup floppy and type the following commands

    format c: /q

    then insert your windows CD-ROm or installation floppy 1 and type
    d:\setup.exe (or whatever the drive is) and follow the onscreen instructions

    All should be good

    Hamman

    HamMan, Aug 18, 2003

  2. HamMan

    HamMan Guest

    "Jill" <> wrote in message
    > Does that mean you want me to format and re-install windows?
    > "HamMan" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Johnny5" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > The CD ROM in my PC will play audio cd's but will not play game cd's,

    > the
    > > PC
    > > > is running Windows 98 and was previously ok, does anyone know what

    may
    > be
    > > > causing this and how to corect it please?
    > > >
    > > > Thank's
    > > >

    > > Boot to a Win98 setup floppy and type the following commands
    > >
    > > format c: /q
    > >
    > > then insert your windows CD-ROm or installation floppy 1 and type
    > > d:\setup.exe (or whatever the drive is) and follow the onscreen

    > instructions
    > >
    > > All should be good
    > >
    > > Hamman

    Either that or buy a new CD-ROM, its all good

    HamMan, Aug 18, 2003

  3. "HamMan" <> wrote:

    >"Johnny5" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> The CD ROM in my PC will play audio cd's but will not play game cd's, the

    >PC
    >> is running Windows 98 and was previously ok, does anyone know what may be
    >> causing this and how to corect it please?
    >>
    >> Thank's
    >>

    >Boot to a Win98 setup floppy and type the following commands
    >
    >format c: /q

    Is this your professional opinion or are you just an enthusiastic
    amateur fuckhead?

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 20, 2003