Re: CD prices, Intrested in buying 100CD's or 50CD's on a spindle where should i go.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by BTMO, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. BTMO

    BTMO Guest

    "asdf" <> wrote

    > CD prices, Intrested in buying 100CD's or 50CD's on a spindle where should

    > go.

    Ok, let me put it this way. I know where you can get Verbatim CDs on
    spindles of 50 for about $40 - $50 + plus freight, depending on quality /
    speed / volume required.

    Yes, you can get CDs cheaper (been there, done that, don't want to repeat
    it!).

    Your choice.

    (does this count as spam?)

    Cheers,

    Brenton
    BTMO, Sep 8, 2003

  2. BTMO

    Big Guest

    On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 22:57:32 +1200, "BTMO" <> wrote:

    >"asdf" <> wrote
    >
    >> CD prices, Intrested in buying 100CD's or 50CD's on a spindle where should

    >> go.

    >Ok, let me put it this way. I know where you can get Verbatim CDs on
    >spindles of 50 for about $40 - $50 + plus freight, depending on quality /
    >speed / volume required.
    >
    >Yes, you can get CDs cheaper (been there, done that, don't want to repeat
    >it!).
    >
    >Your choice.
    >
    >(does this count as spam?)
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Brenton

    But who makes the Verbatims, what is on the Label does not mean a thing, you
    need to look at the ATIP..

    At least the Sky ones are made by Plasmon and only cost $49 for a 100.
    Big , Sep 8, 2003

  3. BTMO

    BTMO Guest

    <Big > wrote

    > >Yes, you can get CDs cheaper (been there, done that, don't want to repeat
    > >it!).
    > >
    > >Your choice.

    > But who makes the Verbatims, what is on the Label does not mean a thing,

    you
    > need to look at the ATIP..
    >
    > At least the Sky ones are made by Plasmon and only cost $49 for a 100.

    To the best of my knowledge, Mitsubishi - who I believe, are Verbatim's
    parent company.

    Like I said, its your choice.

    I wish you well.

    Cheers,

    Brenton
    BTMO, Sep 8, 2003
  4. BTMO

    Big Guest

    On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:44:32 +1200, "BTMO" <> wrote:

    ><Big > wrote
    >
    >> >Yes, you can get CDs cheaper (been there, done that, don't want to repeat
    >> >it!).
    >> >
    >> >Your choice.

    >> But who makes the Verbatims, what is on the Label does not mean a thing,

    >you
    >> need to look at the ATIP..
    >>
    >> At least the Sky ones are made by Plasmon and only cost $49 for a 100.

    >To the best of my knowledge, Mitsubishi - who I believe, are Verbatim's
    >parent company.

    Check the ATIP as I have some white Verbatims and that are not made be them
    or Mitsubishi

    Big , Sep 8, 2003
  5. BTMO

    Gordon Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:57:32 +1200, BTMO wrote:

    > Ok, let me put it this way. I know where you can get Verbatim CDs on
    > spindles of 50 for about $40 - $50 + plus freight, depending on quality /
    > speed / volume required.
    >
    > Yes, you can get CDs cheaper (been there, done that, don't want to repeat
    > it!).
    >
    > Your choice.
    >
    > (does this count as spam?)

    Sure does unless you spill your guts and tell us the fucking details Man.

    --
    Gordon

    Google knows where to find things, ask at http://www.google.com
    Works for me, will work for you, so be it.
    Gordon, Sep 9, 2003
  6. BTMO

    BTMO Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote

    /
    > > speed / volume required.
    > >
    > > Yes, you can get CDs cheaper (been there, done that, don't want to

    repeat
    > > it!).
    > >
    > > Your choice.
    > >
    > > (does this count as spam?)

    > Sure does unless you spill your guts and tell us the fucking details Man.

    I sell them.

    Via a company called JJ Digital that I have recently opened.

    We primarily burn CDs for corporates, but we also decided to sell bits and
    pieces as well. So I met with Verbatim, and am now able to supply all of
    their catalogue items.

    EG - spindle of 50 (datalife plus blue azo, 48x) $50.55 + freight (GST inc).
    Recommended retail price.

    Like I said earlier in the thread, I have used cheaper discs, coz that is
    what my customers wanted - cheap, nasty. I got sick of using cheap discs,
    and now use Verbatim exclusively. Yes, they cost more, but I find them more
    reliable, and ultimately, the data that is on them is what is important, not
    the piece of plastic.

    I have decided to absorb the cost, because at the end of the day, my
    company's reputation rides on the quality of the product I supply. New
    Zealand doesn't need another "Warehouse".

    Happy now?

    :)

    Cheers,

    Brenton
    BTMO, Sep 9, 2003
  7. BTMO

    Tim Guest

    Big wrote in

    > On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:44:32 +1200, "BTMO" <> wrote:
    >

    >><Big > wrote

    >>> But who makes the Verbatims, what is on the Label does not mean a
    >>> thing,

    >>you
    >>> need to look at the ATIP..
    >>>
    >>> At least the Sky ones are made by Plasmon and only cost $49 for a
    >>> 100.

    >>To the best of my knowledge, Mitsubishi - who I believe, are
    >>Verbatim's parent company.

    > Check the ATIP as I have some white Verbatims and that are not made
    > be them or Mitsubishi

    Only Verbatim Datalife Plus discs are made by Misubishi. Standard
    Datalife discs are usually CMC Magnetics. Look for the blue Super-Azo
    dye, that is usually a sign of a mitsi disc.

    BTW, the Plasmon Sky discs are complete shite. Out of my 100 spindle,
    approx 10% failed the verify stage after burning. I wouldn't rate the
    chances of them lasting any length of time very highly.

    --
    Tim
    - <insert witty signature here>
    Tim, Sep 9, 2003
  8. BTMO

    Big Guest

    On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:41:44 +1200, Tim <> wrote:

    >Big wrote in
    >
    >> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:44:32 +1200, "BTMO" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>><Big > wrote

    >>>you

    >>>To the best of my knowledge, Mitsubishi - who I believe, are
    >>>Verbatim's parent company.

    >> Check the ATIP as I have some white Verbatims and that are not made
    >> be them or Mitsubishi

    >Only Verbatim Datalife Plus discs are made by Misubishi. Standard
    >Datalife discs are usually CMC Magnetics. Look for the blue Super-Azo
    >dye, that is usually a sign of a mitsi disc.
    >
    >BTW, the Plasmon Sky discs are complete shite. Out of my 100 spindle,
    >approx 10% failed the verify stage after burning. I wouldn't rate the
    >chances of them lasting any length of time very highly.

    A friend and mine used 2 Spindles and None Failed, you burner must be a low
    grade one or worn out..

    So Do not blame the CD's if you burner is the problem..

    Big , Sep 9, 2003
  9. BTMO

    Tim Guest

    Big wrote in

    > On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:41:44 +1200, Tim <>
    > wrote:
    >>
    >>Only Verbatim Datalife Plus discs are made by Misubishi. Standard
    >>Datalife discs are usually CMC Magnetics. Look for the blue Super-Azo
    >>dye, that is usually a sign of a mitsi disc.
    >>
    >>BTW, the Plasmon Sky discs are complete shite. Out of my 100 spindle,
    >>approx 10% failed the verify stage after burning. I wouldn't rate the
    >>chances of them lasting any length of time very highly.

    > A friend and mine used 2 Spindles and None Failed, you burner must be
    > a low grade one or worn out..
    >
    > So Do not blame the CD's if you burner is the problem..

    So that would explain why my flatmate's brand new (at the time) LiteOn
    burner had the same problem?

    2 spindles is not a big enough sample size to say the media is good, but 2
    spindles with 10% failure rate is big enough to determine that their
    quality control sucks.

    Tim, Sep 9, 2003