Re: CD prices, Intrested in buying 100CD's or 50CD's on a spindle where should i go.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Big Cat@parxxx.net.nz, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. Big

    Big Guest

    On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:20:15 +1200, "asdf" <> wrote:

    >CD prices, Intrested in buying 100CD's or 50CD's on a spindle where should i
    >go.

    Woolworth, Sky Brand made by Plasmon 40x, a UK/US Firm, CD's made in Hong Kong
    $49.xx 100 spindle..

    The Warehouse is doing a special at the moment, 50 for $29.xx but not in my
    local shop.
    Big , Sep 8, 2003

  2. Big

    E. Scrooge Guest

    <Big > wrote in message
    > On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:20:15 +1200, "asdf" <> wrote:
    >
    > >CD prices, Intrested in buying 100CD's or 50CD's on a spindle where

    should i
    > >go.
    > >

    > Woolworth, Sky Brand made by Plasmon 40x, a UK/US Firm, CD's made in Hong

    Kong
    > $49.xx 100 spindle..

    They're good value and work well.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Big

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:16:16 +1200, Big wrote:

    >Woolworth, Sky Brand made by Plasmon 40x, a UK/US Firm, CD's made in Hong Kong
    >$49.xx 100 spindle..

    Do they still stock these? I haven't seen any for a while :-(
    Invisible, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Big

    Big Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:41:32 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:16:16 +1200, Big wrote:
    >

    >>Woolworth, Sky Brand made by Plasmon 40x, a UK/US Firm, CD's made in Hong Kong
    >>$49.xx 100 spindle..

    >Do they still stock these? I haven't seen any for a while :-(

    Only one of the Woolworth here has stock still.
    Big , Sep 9, 2003
  5. Big

    Big Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:41:32 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:16:16 +1200, Big wrote:
    >

    >>Woolworth, Sky Brand made by Plasmon 40x, a UK/US Firm, CD's made in Hong Kong
    >>$49.xx 100 spindle..

    >Do they still stock these? I haven't seen any for a while :-(

    The Brand that The Warehouse was pushing for $29.xx for 50 was DATALOT x48,
    Black Print on a chrom siver top, Also made by Plasmon, and has the same ATIP
    as the SKY Brand.
    Big , Sep 9, 2003
  6. Big

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:16:16 +1200, Big wrote:
    >

    > >Woolworth, Sky Brand made by Plasmon 40x, a UK/US Firm, CD's made in Hong

    Kong
    > >$49.xx 100 spindle..

    > Do they still stock these? I haven't seen any for a while :-(

    Countdown stocks them, at least down here they do.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Sep 9, 2003
  7. Big

    MarkH Guest

    "asdf" <> wrote in

    I buy them from a wholesaler. Actually $35 is what I sell them for, mainly
    to my fellow computer geek friends here in Auckland.

    I can’t remember the last bad disk that I had out of the Ricoh ones.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Sep 9, 2003
  8. Big

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "asdf" <> wrote in message
    > Thats a Good Price, and also a good brand, where u get them from?
    >
    > Daniel
    >
    > Ps. have been to the ware house, and got a pack of 50 'datalot' ones @
    > 29.99, we'll c how they go.
    >
    > And also got a box of 25 TDK ones in slim cases for 29.99.

    I bought a couple of boxes of those a while back and they've proved to be
    good. The only problem I've had with them is when I've written them at
    faster than 16X (My burner supports 52X and the disks 40X, I burnt two at
    40X and had problems so have reduced my burning speed for all disks to 16X,
    what's a minute or two extra?)
    --
    ~misfit~

    > "MarkH" <> wrote in message
    > > Big wrote in

    > > > Woolworth, Sky Brand made by Plasmon 40x, a UK/US Firm, CD's made in
    > > > Hong Kong $49.xx 100 spindle..
    > > >
    > > > The Warehouse is doing a special at the moment, 50 for $29.xx but
    > > > not in my local shop.

    > > I have seen packs of 100 CD-R disks at PB Tech for $49.95 Aterra brand.

    > > few friends have used that brand and reported no problems so far.
    > >
    > > I personally use Ricoh disks at $35 for spindle of 50 disks.
    > >

    > > --
    > > Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    > > See my pics at http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~markh/
    > > "There are 10 types of people, those that
    > > understand binary and those that don't"

    ---
    ~misfit~, Sep 10, 2003
  9. Big

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <f_v7b.142884$>,
    misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz says...

    > "asdf" <> wrote in message
    > > Thats a Good Price, and also a good brand, where u get them from?
    > >
    > > Daniel
    > >
    > > Ps. have been to the ware house, and got a pack of 50 'datalot' ones @
    > > 29.99, we'll c how they go.
    > >
    > > And also got a box of 25 TDK ones in slim cases for 29.99.

    > I bought a couple of boxes of those a while back and they've proved to be
    > good. The only problem I've had with them is when I've written them at
    > faster than 16X (My burner supports 52X and the disks 40X, I burnt two at
    > 40X and had problems so have reduced my burning speed for all disks to 16X,
    > what's a minute or two extra?)

    What are u reading them with? Some older CD roms can't read disks burned
    too fast.
    Mainlander, Sep 11, 2003