Re: CD not found

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, May 24, 2010.

  1. "Jerome Robertson" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to burn an ISO image to CD. I've tried this in three computers
    > so far and have gotten same results: No available disc or no target
    > found. And when I go to My Computer and click on 'Open' I get:
    > Please insert a disc into Drive D:.
    >
    > And there is a disc in the drive. A blank CD.
    >
    > I am quite at a loss as to why this is happening. These are brand new
    > CDs, just bought them yesterday. I can put a CD in that has something on
    > it, and it runs just fine.

    The CD drive is broken.

    The CD should report INSERT DISC when it's empty, and you click the icon in
    the Windows Explorer. If the disc is loaded, the Explorer should display the
    contents.

    If you can Right Click the icon and choose EJECT to open the tray, but the
    contents do not appear when the tray is closed, the head on the drive is not
    working.

    You can buy a new drive and install it easily.
    Jeff Strickland, May 24, 2010

  2. Re: CD not found - NEVER MIND

    Turns out I can't read very well.

    Jeff Strickland, May 24, 2010

  3. "Jerome Robertson" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> "Jerome Robertson" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'm trying to burn an ISO image to CD. I've tried this in three
    >>> computers so far and have gotten same results: No available disc or no
    >>> target found. And when I go to My Computer and click on 'Open' I get:
    >>> Please insert a disc into Drive D:.
    >>>
    >>> And there is a disc in the drive. A blank CD.
    >>>
    >>> I am quite at a loss as to why this is happening. These are brand new
    >>> CDs, just bought them yesterday. I can put a CD in that has something
    >>> on it, and it runs just fine.

    >> The CD drive is broken.
    >>
    >> The CD should report INSERT DISC when it's empty, and you click the icon
    >> in the Windows Explorer. If the disc is loaded, the Explorer should
    >> display the contents.
    >>
    >> If you can Right Click the icon and choose EJECT to open the tray, but
    >> the contents do not appear when the tray is closed, the head on the drive
    >> is not working.
    >>
    >> You can buy a new drive and install it easily.
    >>

    > This sounds plausible, except for the fact that this is happening on three
    > different computers. On the Windows computer, I can
    > eject the CD but when it is re-inserted, the only thing when I right click
    > on the icon and choose 'open' is : Please insert a disk into Drive D. I
    > tried more CDs on this computer (IBM laptop) and on the two that had data
    > on them, nothing. On the one with music, it opened just fine and is
    > playing right now.

    You missed my NEVER MIND Post, where I said my reading comprehension skills
    were not what I think they are.
    Jeff Strickland, May 24, 2010