Re: CCleaner adds free space wiping

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mike Jones, Mar 4, 2009.

  1. Mike Jones

    Mike Jones Guest

    Responding to Frank Merlott:

    > brought next idea :
    >>

    >> Good old CCleaner, my longtime favorite for clearing the history of
    >> webpages I have visited and files I have opened, just added a feature:
    >> Wipe Free Space. That's one less way that information can leak. :)
    >>
    >> http://www.ccleaner.com/

    > I use Eraser for wiping slack space and Comodo Registry cleaner for the
    > registry. They are both free too.

    My bash script does all that and more in the background.

    (Apart from that insane registry thing, which I don't have.)

    Oh, right, you don't run Linux do you. Oops! ;\

    Seriously though, if you have any real interest in privacy, you're
    wasting your time using any version of BarbieWare's "My First Virus".

    P.S. Hit'n'run FU from alt.privacy to alt.computer fixed.

    --
    *===( http://www.400monkeys.com/God/
    *===( http://principiadiscordia.com/
    Mike Jones, Mar 4, 2009

  2. Mike Jones

    Baron Guest

    Mike Jones wrote:

    > Responding to Frank Merlott:
    >
    >> brought next idea :
    >>>

    >>> Good old CCleaner, my longtime favorite for clearing the history of
    >>> webpages I have visited and files I have opened, just added a
    >>> feature: Wipe Free Space. That's one less way that information can
    >>> leak. :)
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ccleaner.com/

    >> I use Eraser for wiping slack space and Comodo Registry cleaner for
    >> the registry. They are both free too.

    > My bash script does all that and more in the background.
    >
    > (Apart from that insane registry thing, which I don't have.)
    >
    > Oh, right, you don't run Linux do you. Oops! ;\
    >
    > Seriously though, if you have any real interest in privacy, you're
    > wasting your time using any version of BarbieWare's "My First Virus".

    Now now ! Don't tease the Winabies ! ;-)

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Mar 5, 2009