Re: CBT based Training Advice

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood, Jan 22, 2007.

  1. I cannot comment on the 70-272 CBTNuggets video due to the fact that I
    have not seen it. I can tell you that I enjoy their products with
    regards to the MCSE 2003. You suggested using CBTNuggets as a supplement
    to a book. I suggest all study material be used as a supplement to hands
    on experience. It is amazing the amount of money that is spent (yes I am
    guilty) to pass exams. The Microsoft exams cost $125 US to sit. After
    all is said and done, one can spend close to 10x that amount to study;
    not including your time! That is baffling.

    What is even more of a joke is practice tests. Now I use them, and
    endorse them; but I do not agree with their price. Many times purchasing
    a practice test is equivalent to, if not more, than that of the actual
    exam! It is ridiculous. However, I digress...

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 22, 2007

  2. Michael D. Alligood

    RemoteShark Guest

    I am willing to spend up to 500 euros to get additional training/info for the
    exam. I think having the certs outweight the costs over a period of time and
    gives potential salary increases and better job opportunities. Go figure, if
    I was give a 15000 euro salary increase after getting my certs, then its
    worth to pay an extra 500 euro to get training for the exams. I mean my wife
    spends that much when she goes shopping on one weekend, so I think I deserve
    abit of that cake too.

    I am going to try the LearnKey series, just the 70-272 for 200 euro.
    Knowledge is power, whatever way you think about it.

    Good Luck to you and me :)

    RemoteShark, Jan 23, 2007