Re: Catching A Hollow Victory With The D3!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Faz, Jul 21, 2008.

  1. Faz

    Faz Guest

    Great Photo......must be from the northwest.....looks like a red breasted
    flicker. (not flickr).

    Chuck.

    Faz, Jul 21, 2008

  2. Faz

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 20, 9:36 pm, "Faz" <> wrote:
    > Great Photo......must be from the northwest.....looks like a red breasted
    > flicker. (not flickr).

    Probably a Northern Flicker.
    Here's what they look like in focus.

    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/88659593
    Annika1980, Jul 21, 2008

  3. Faz

    2SQUID Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >
    >>> Great Photo......must be from the northwest.....looks like a red
    >>> breasted flicker. (not flickr).
    >>>

    >> Probably a Northern Flicker.
    >> Here's what they look like in focus.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/88659593

    > <Yawn>
    >
    > Over-cropped, over-processed lame attempt to cover the noise. It's sad
    > when
    > you have to throw 60% of the image away because you don't know how to
    > compose a shot. Come back when you learn to "zoom with your feet" to fill
    > the viewfinder and get one straight out of the camera. Nothing beats the
    > super clean images straight out of the D3. Now here's what a Northern
    > Flicker supposed to look like.
    >
    > < http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/whisper.htm>
    >

    > Rita

    If you took that picture hand held with a couple of feet of glass
    hanging out from your wrist, Rita, It is truly an exceptional capture. I
    guess you don't drink coffee or coke?
    2SQUID, Jul 21, 2008
  4. Faz

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 20, 11:08 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > Come back when you learn to "zoom with your feet" to fill
    > the viewfinder and get one straight out of the camera.

    BWAHAAAAAHAAAAA!!!

    This, from the idiot who gives us tiny cropped shots taken at 1000mm.

    ROFL!

    Yeah, genius, walk up close to a bird on a limb and see how that works
    out for ya.
    Annika1980, Jul 21, 2008
  5. Faz

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jul 21, 7:54 pm, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    > > Yeah, genius, walk up close to a bird on a limb and see how that works
    > > out for ya.

    > Yeah, I do it all the time.  Maybe if you tried it and learned to fill the
    > frame you'd be wasting less time in Photoshop trying to cover up the 40D's
    > noise.

    So why the cropped images at 1000mm?
    Zoom with your feet, asshole!

    I filled the frame with a hummingbird the other day with a 50mm lens.
    Try doing that one, hotshot.
    Annika1980, Jul 22, 2008
  6. Faz

    BustedFrog Guest

    Rita Berkowitz wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >
    >>> Great Photo......must be from the northwest.....looks like a red
    >>> breasted flicker. (not flickr).
    >>>

    >> Probably a Northern Flicker.
    >> Here's what they look like in focus.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/88659593

    > <Yawn>
    >
    > Over-cropped, over-processed lame attempt to cover the noise. It's sad
    > when
    > you have to throw 60% of the image away because you don't know how to
    > compose a shot. Come back when you learn to "zoom with your feet" to fill
    > the viewfinder and get one straight out of the camera. Nothing beats the
    > super clean images straight out of the D3. Now here's what a Northern
    > Flicker supposed to look like.
    >
    > < http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/whisper.htm>

    Great idea. Would you do us all a favor and "zoom with your feet" - due
    south until it gets extremely warm would be fine.

    Either that or stop the constant war with selected posters. It is very
    tiresome and doesn't contribute to photography or your credibility.

    Ribbit
    BustedFrog, Jul 23, 2008
  7. Faz

    2SQUID Guest

    BustedFrog wrote:
    > Rita Berkowitz wrote:

    >>> Probably a Northern Flicker.
    >>> Here's what they look like in focus.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/88659593

    >> <Yawn>
    >>
    >> Over-cropped, over-processed lame attempt to cover the noise. It's
    >> sad when
    >> you have to throw 60% of the image away because you don't know how to
    >> compose a shot. Come back when you learn to "zoom with your feet" to
    >> fill
    >> the viewfinder and get one straight out of the camera. Nothing beats the
    >> super clean images straight out of the D3. Now here's what a Northern
    >> Flicker supposed to look like.
    >>
    >> < http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/whisper.htm>
    >>

    > Great idea. Would you do us all a favor and "zoom with your feet" - due
    > south until it gets extremely warm would be fine.
    >
    > Either that or stop the constant war with selected posters. It is very
    > tiresome and doesn't contribute to photography or your credibility.
    >
    > Ribbit

    Lop sided remarks from people flaunting they busted a poor frog's ass
    could hardly be considered credible.

    Give us a groan or two and start looking like the impartial jackass you
    claim to be but never were. Get off Rita's case unless you are going to
    address your own targets with any "credibility".
    2SQUID, Jul 23, 2008
  8. "2SQUID" <> wrote in message
    > BustedFrog wrote:
    >> Rita Berkowitz wrote:

    >>> <Yawn>
    >>>
    >>> Over-cropped, over-processed lame attempt to cover the noise. It's sad
    >>> when
    >>> you have to throw 60% of the image away because you don't know how to
    >>> compose a shot. Come back when you learn to "zoom with your feet" to
    >>> fill
    >>> the viewfinder and get one straight out of the camera. Nothing beats
    >>> the
    >>> super clean images straight out of the D3. Now here's what a Northern
    >>> Flicker supposed to look like.
    >>>
    >>> < http://ritaberk.myhosting247.com/whisper.htm>
    >>>

    >> Great idea. Would you do us all a favor and "zoom with your feet" - due
    >> south until it gets extremely warm would be fine.
    >>
    >> Either that or stop the constant war with selected posters. It is very
    >> tiresome and doesn't contribute to photography or your credibility.
    >>
    >> Ribbit

    > Lop sided remarks from people flaunting they busted a poor frog's ass
    > could hardly be considered credible.
    >
    > Give us a groan or two and start looking like the impartial jackass you
    > claim to be but never were. Get off Rita's case unless you are going to
    > address your own targets with any "credibility".

    OH Nurse.................... more Lithium over here please!!

    Don Hirschberg
    Atheist Chaplain, Jul 23, 2008