Re: Catalyst6500 Configuration

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Michael Kiessling, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. > router(config)#interface vlan 2
    > router(config-if)# ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
    > router(config-if)#no shut

    Thank you very much...
    This is exactly what I need (routing between two VLANs)

    But there's another question i can't answere by my own:
    There's something like, I call it static vlan, where
    you map a vlan to a specific port. The alternativ is
    to make a 'vtp database' or something, where you
    specific a vlan for every mac-address in your lan.
    Is that correct?

    thx
    Michael Kiessling, Jul 7, 2003

  2. > But there's another question i can't answere by my own:
    > There's something like, I call it static vlan, where
    > you map a vlan to a specific port. The alternativ is
    > to make a 'vtp database' or something, where you
    > specific a vlan for every mac-address in your lan.
    > Is that correct?

    I think you're referring to the difference between static and dynamic
    VLANs.
    You would probably find it easier to maintain the static VLANs -- and
    yes, you can assign the ports to any VLAN (just like a regular
    switch).

    switch#set vlan <vlan num> <mod/port>

    eg. switch#set vlan 3 1/2 (sets port 2 on module 1 to vlan 3)

    Loads more work to do though ... :)
    jonathan fernandes, Jul 7, 2003

  3. On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:05:54 -0700, jonathan fernandes wrote:

    > switch#set vlan <vlan num> <mod/port>
    >
    > eg. switch#set vlan 3 1/2 (sets port 2 on module 1 to vlan 3)
    >
    > Loads more work to do though ... :)

    Thanks... now I know how to solve my problem :)
    Michael Kiessling, Jul 8, 2003