Re: Catalyst 5500, multicast floods

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Michele, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Michele

    Michele Guest

    Just to update, I did get access to the RSFC, although it is just in
    the only vlan on the switch, I don't see any usefulness to it
    personally.

    The solutions I identified include:
    - turn on IGMP Multicast, effectively stopping it since none of my
    hosts will never join the multicast group.
    - turn on port security and block the offending source MAC address
    - turn on port broadcast/multicast thresholds

    So, we're trying out enabling IGMP Multicast.

    -Michele

    Michele, Apr 8, 2004