Re: Catalyst 2950 24 - turning fan off

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ben, Nov 15, 2004.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    I simply unscrewed the covers and unplugged the fan from the mainboard in
    all my routers at home. This hasn't generated any errors on a variety of
    platforms.

    Ben, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Ben

    Jeff C Guest

    I did that but ran into trouble with a 4700 so I had to reconnect one of
    the fans. The old 2924 had three fans so I left one on in there too. The
    room might be really cold but the insides of these boxes can get hot enough
    to cause dammage. I was happy that the power supply in the 4700 shut
    itself down rather than melt.

    -Jeff C

    Jeff C, Nov 16, 2004

  3. U¿ytkownik "Ben" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    >I simply unscrewed the covers and unplugged the fan from the mainboard in
    > all my routers at home. This hasn't generated any errors on a variety of
    > platforms.

    I did the same but I'm affraid isn't it too hot now? The switch is in 19'
    rack which have not much space inside.
    Can I check temperature via telnet?
    The only error now is "no fan". I'd like to turn it off but don't know how.
    :)

    Maybe I reconect the fan but connect "+" to lover voltage. I did the same
    with PCs.

    --
    Jan Werbiñski O0oo....._[:]) bul, bul, bul

    =?iso-8859-2?Q?Jan_Werbi=F1ski?=, Nov 23, 2004