Re: Case for Pentax Optio S

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by borge, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. borge

    borge Guest

    On 25 Jul 2003 03:54:08 GMT, (Fred McKenzie) wrote:

    >Today I called the Pentax 800 number to see if I could purchase a case for the
    >Optio S camera. I was told that the O-CC8 case mentioned in the owner's manual
    >has never been imported into the USA, but may be available in other countries.
    >
    >In the US, there is another case that fits. It is the PTX-L40. It wasn't
    >available for order through the 800 number, but may be found at some of the
    >stores that carry the Optio S. Ritz, Wolf and Walmart were mentioned, as well
    >as some photo stores such as Berger Brothers, Adorama and B&H.
    >
    >Apparently the PTX-L40 is a smaller version of the PTX-L50 found at the Ritz
    >store where I purchased my Optio S.
    >
    >Fred

    Just line an |Altoid tin with felt - it is a perfect fit and will take
    a lot of knocking about.

    Borge
    For your information, my stats are:
    Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
    1 Gb memory,ADSL
    80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
    Borge Pedersen :)
    Perth, Australia
    mailto:
    remove SPAM for email

    borge, Jul 25, 2003

  2. "borge" <> wrote in message
    > Just line an |Altoid tin with felt - it is a perfect fit and will take
    > a lot of knocking about.

    Do Altoids tins come in different sizes? If yours is like
    mine, I don't see how you could line it with felt and still
    be able to close the lid -- it's quite snug with just the
    camera inside.

    -- William M. Miller

    William M. Miller, Jul 25, 2003

  3. borge

    borge Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:38:39 -0400, "William M. Miller"
    <> wrote:

    >"borge" <> wrote in message
    >> Just line an |Altoid tin with felt - it is a perfect fit and will take
    >> a lot of knocking about.

    >Do Altoids tins come in different sizes? If yours is like
    >mine, I don't see how you could line it with felt and still
    >be able to close the lid -- it's quite snug with just the
    >camera inside.
    >
    >-- William M. Miller

    Sorry mate, I made a mistake. It is not felt but a fairly thin cloth
    that has a feel of velour about it - like soft and velvety and for the
    life of me neither my wife nor I can think of the name. I bought it
    for some photos I had to take where I needed a background of black
    with total lack of shine in it.

    Sorry I cannot do better but then we are getting on in years. Mine is
    exactly like yours - it was sent to me from the USA.

    I am sure that if I had enough of it and my wife could trust me as a
    tailor, she would love a skirt made of that. Do I give you a clue?

    borge, Jul 26, 2003
  4. borge

    borge Guest

    Re: Pentax Optio S line with felt

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:27:43 GMT, borge <>
    wrote:

    >On 25 Jul 2003 03:54:08 GMT, (Fred McKenzie) wrote:
    >
    >>Today I called the Pentax 800 number to see if I could purchase a case for the
    >>Optio S camera. I was told that the O-CC8 case mentioned in the owner's manual
    >>has never been imported into the USA, but may be available in other countries.
    >>
    >>In the US, there is another case that fits. It is the PTX-L40. It wasn't
    >>available for order through the 800 number, but may be found at some of the
    >>stores that carry the Optio S. Ritz, Wolf and Walmart were mentioned, as well
    >>as some photo stores such as Berger Brothers, Adorama and B&H.
    >>
    >>Apparently the PTX-L40 is a smaller version of the PTX-L50 found at the Ritz
    >>store where I purchased my Optio S.
    >>
    >>Fred

    >Just line an |Altoid tin with felt - it is a perfect fit and will take
    >a lot of knocking about.
    >
    >Borge
    >For your information, my stats are:
    >Win 2000, Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
    >1 Gb memory,ADSL
    >80+40 GB of disc space,Oly C2100 & Optio S
    >Borge Pedersen :)
    >Perth, Australia
    >mailto:
    >remove SPAM for email

    I am sorry. I have had it verified. I have lined the Altoid tin with
    velvet. Granted the case does not close perfectly but in a shirt
    pocket it must stay closed.

    I cut a hole in the side to take a rubber grummet and took out a 'V'
    shaped cut to take the string of the lanyard.

    borge, Jul 26, 2003