Re: Carry on dvds

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by ^^artnada^^, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. ^^artnada^^

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    || I would be grateful if someone could possibly tell me the list of Carry
    on
    || films available from Deagostini that's the ones where you buy the
    magazine
    || for £7.99 and get the film on dvd with it. The reason I am asking is
    that I
    || have about 14 Carry on films already on dvd and I was thinking of the
    ones I
    || haven't got to buy from my local shop. I have been in touch with
    Deagostini
    || and they wont give me a full list, they want me to subscribe with them
    but I
    || am not willing to re purchase the ones I have already and there not
    specials
    || on the magazine. So would be grateful as they are cheaper than any
    online
    || store to buy and im not really to bothered about special editions. I
    have
    || also put a list of what ones I need if anyone has them and want to sell
    || Carry On Sergeant (1958)
    || Carry On Nurse (1959)
    || Carry On Teacher (1959)
    || Carry On Constable (1959)
    || Carry On Regardless (1961)
    || Carry On Cabby (1963)
    || Carry On Screaming! (1966)
    || Carry On Columbus (1992)
    || Carry on stuffed I think
    || carry on xmas
    || and im sure theirs another one
    || cheers Dave

    I don't think these ones will be avaialble.

    || Carry On Sergeant (1958)
    || Carry On Nurse (1959)
    || Carry On Teacher (1959)
    || Carry On Constable (1959)
    || Carry On Regardless (1961)
    || Carry On Cabby (1963)
    || Carry On Screaming! (1966)

    I think Carlton (who are relasing the Dragonosti vids only have the rights
    to the colour films. The older ones someone else has the rightds.
    http://www.deagostini.co.uk/carryon/magazine.php

    ^^artnada^^, Jan 12, 2004

  2. ^^artnada^^

    zero Guest

    Carry on screaming is in colour

    zero, Jan 12, 2004

  3. "zero" <> wrote in message

    > Carry on screaming is in colour

    i think a different company owns the rights to that one.

    --
    Gareth
    quote of the day

    The dog from that film you saw, Jan 12, 2004
  4. ^^artnada^^

    John Howells Guest

    "The dog from that film you saw"
    <> wrote

    > "zero" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Carry on screaming is in colour
    > >

    > i think a different company owns the rights to that one.

    I think that was the point, that you cannot differentiate by B&W or colour,
    as the UK rights to the first twelve are held by Warner / Studio Canal, and
    five of those are in colour.

    John Howells

    John Howells, Jan 12, 2004
  5. ^^artnada^^

    Big Boy Guest

    ^^artnada^^ wrote:
    > Dragon wrote:
    > || I would be grateful if someone could possibly tell me the list of Carry
    > on
    > || films available from Deagostini that's the ones where you buy the
    > magazine
    > || for £7.99 and get the film on dvd with it. The reason I am asking is
    > that I
    > || have about 14 Carry on films already on dvd and I was thinking of the
    > ones I
    > || haven't got to buy from my local shop. I have been in touch with
    > Deagostini
    > || and they wont give me a full list, they want me to subscribe with them
    > but I
    > || am not willing to re purchase the ones I have already and there not
    > specials
    > || on the magazine. So would be grateful as they are cheaper than any
    > online
    > || store to buy and im not really to bothered about special editions. I
    > have
    > || also put a list of what ones I need if anyone has them and want to sell
    > || Carry On Sergeant (1958)
    > || Carry On Nurse (1959)
    > || Carry On Teacher (1959)
    > || Carry On Constable (1959)
    > || Carry On Regardless (1961)
    > || Carry On Cabby (1963)
    > || Carry On Screaming! (1966)
    > || Carry On Columbus (1992)
    > || Carry on stuffed I think
    > || carry on xmas
    > || and im sure theirs another one
    > || cheers Dave
    >
    > I don't think these ones will be avaialble.
    >
    > || Carry On Sergeant (1958)
    > || Carry On Nurse (1959)
    > || Carry On Teacher (1959)
    > || Carry On Constable (1959)
    > || Carry On Regardless (1961)
    > || Carry On Cabby (1963)
    > || Carry On Screaming! (1966)
    >
    > I think Carlton (who are relasing the Dragonosti vids only have the rights
    > to the colour films. The older ones someone else has the rightds.
    > http://www.deagostini.co.uk/carryon/magazine.php

    I don't know if the OP would be interested in buying R1 NTSC copies,
    but Anchor Bay put out a boxed set in the U.S. about six months ago.
    The boxed set can be bought for $60 (32.50 pounds)from DeepDiscountDVD
    and contains the following on seven discs:

    Carry on cowboy + Carry on screaming
    Carry on Cleo + Carry on Jack
    Carry on Spying + Carry on cabby
    Carry on regardless + Carry on cruising
    Carry on teacher + Carry on constable
    Carry on Nurse + Carry on sergeant
    That's carry on

    Regards,
    BB

    Big Boy, Jan 13, 2004
  6. ^^artnada^^

    Larry Gold Guest

    I heard all of them will be released.
    also most of them will be in W/S

    --
    Larry.gold
    Arsenal For Life

    Larry Gold, Jan 17, 2004
  7. ^^artnada^^

    P Pron Guest

    Larry Gold wrote:
    > I heard all of them will be released.

    Who from??

    paul

    P Pron, Jan 17, 2004
  8. ^^artnada^^

    P Pron Guest

    P Pron wrote:
    > Larry Gold wrote:
    >> I heard all of them will be released.

    > Who from??
    >
    > paul

    (Replying to own post)
    - deAgostini's helpline say they are planning to issue 31 titles, but
    _may_ extend to 40 at a later date...

    Someone else can do the arithmetic!!

    paul

    P Pron, Jan 17, 2004
  9. ^^artnada^^

    fid1971

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi there if you want the full 30 carry on films on dvd please email me direct on as im a carry on freak myself 1st come 1st served if you now what i meen folk's.....

    fid1971, Apr 5, 2008