Re: Career Path changing & MCSD results

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Jeffery, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. Jeffery

    Jeffery Guest

    FYI..from Mark Fugatt
    I would start by looking at the MCSA and then move on towards the MCSE, it
    would also be good to look at CompTia Network+ and maybe Security+ also.

    "shMCSD" <> wrote in message
    > Hi guys,
    > May be the current issue is more social than technical, but it is a case.
    > I'm EE holding MCSD (old track) since more than 2.5 yrs.
    > I have 6 yrs experience with SQL-Server, ASP, VID, html,...Web developer.

    first two yrs was VB and SQL.
    > I have build my experience based on Job requirements faced, and not any

    formal Course; Only read help and books when there is a need.

    > Before I have got the Certification, I was gaining annual raise (25 -

    50)% + bonus.
    > But since that day I have a steady constant rate + No bonus. (I convinced

    my self; it is due to Market down during last yrs.)

    > I have been with one company since ~4.5 yrs. And the job does not evolve

    to more than using these Old technology (ASP, SQL,...). And the company is
    working.

    > During last two yrs, I have tried to learn some .Net & C# but I did not

    have applied them in real life (There is no Job Requirements for them in
    current company). And even if I mentioned this in my CV for other companies
    for job application, I did not receive any response, simply I could not
    leave my current company. I can't quit (I'm paying over 70% for compound
    loans!!!)

    > Between me and my self I gave up development with these technologies.
    >
    > For a while I have think that I should make a career change and advance,

    not based on Current experience.
    > I'm thinking with 3 choices starting with them from scratch, through

    formal courses and training:

    Jeffery, Jun 16, 2004