Re: Can't Update AVG Free Version

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, May 9, 2009.

  1. "DemoDisk" <> perpetrated this via

    > AVG warns me that the "internal virus database is out of date." At the
    > bottom of the AVG screen is this: "Internal Virus Database version is
    > 270.12.11/2089 and was released on 4/30/09 (9 days ago). Database update
    > is recommended."
    >
    > When I do check for updates, it says "Your AVG Free program already has
    > the latest updates installed and is fully up-to-date."
    >
    > Please tell me what's going on with this situation!
    >
    > My thanks to the helpdesk.
    > JPM

    Sometimes - for whateva reazon(s) - AVG Free will simply refuse to update.
    Could be conflicts; could be a malware attack botched by AVG yet AVG
    became a causality... could be you could spend hours in AVG's forums
    and eventually find the appropriate fix for it; yet, I found the most
    efficacious method is to go download AVG's latest free version to
    [desktop] as a precaution then reboot the PC. Sometimes the reboot
    will "fix" the AVG update issues (likely registering some system file)
    but in the event it does not, simply uninstall the broke AVG, and
    reinstall a fresh new model. Several reboots between steps, and
    voila! you're good 'til AVG screws the pooch again.

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder,(*(^; , and *NO*, that is *NOT* "a snake in my
    pocket;" and, *NO*, I am *NOT* the Octomom's baby-daddy!

    Pay your all taxes so we can fly Air Force One NOE over NYC :

    http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/z/8/2/hopenosis.gif

    Bucky Breeder, May 9, 2009