Re: Can't turn sounds on in Vista..... can someone help?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Darlington, Sep 10, 2008.

  1. Darlington

    Darlington Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 00:40:04 -0500, "G. Katt" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"richard" <> wrote in message

    >>> Install the sound drivers.

    >>What sound drivers? Sounds worked up until a few days ago so the drivers
    >>are there. The window says sounds are "disabled," not that the drivers
    >>can't be found.

    > Open up device manager. Click on the sound icon and open it.
    > On the item listed is their a warning sign?
    > If not, right click on it. You should see either enable or disable
    > listed. If enable, click it.

    How do I find "device manager" in Vista? I did enable it through the icon
    on the task bar, but it doesn't work. It stays disabled as explained above.

    Darlington, Sep 10, 2008