Re: Can't send mail to - RESOLVED

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by pcbutts1, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Tell some **** that cares.

    > In case the url breaks, I will leave the actual message as well.

    Is it possible to leave the actual message as well?

    > I decided to also try sending mail to verizon with your address, after
    > an extremely long time delay.

    That is your assertion, DC. Don't shift the burden of proof. It is entirely
    your responsibility to prove your statement.

    > This bothered me, so I tried sending a mail from a non-existant domain,
    > and immediately received a 550 error telling me I am not allowed to send
    > mail.

    Maybe someday you will.

    > Error 550 is usually sent to deny relaying after an RCPT TO: command for
    > an address the server does not own or relay for.

    If you took your time, you wouldn't make so many errors.

    > Sending 550 after MAIL FROM: is unusual, but verizon probably feel it is
    > necisary.

    That is quite weird.

    > This leeds me to believe that these servers perform a practice known as
    > sender verification.

    Fallacy of extended analogy. You cannot assume that two different situations
    in an argument about a general point constitutes a claim that those
    situations are analogous, DC.

    > Though not uncommon, it is combersome and creates long wait times and
    > alot of DNS traffic overhead.

    Scandalous dishonesty.

    > Basically, once you send the MAIL FROM: command, the server first
    > performs a DNS lookup on your domain, once it has found the domain to
    > exist and have a valid MX record, it connects to the MX listed and
    > attempts to send a mail back to the sender, disconnecting just after RCPT
    > TO: was accepted.

    Have a valid mx record? That's a joke right?

    > This helps to prevent spam, but causes several problems. I have a
    > hunch there is probably some issue with DNS or your primary MX, or perhaps
    > a connectivity issue between you and verizon which does not allow the
    > verizon server to connect back to yours.

    *yawn* Who doesn't have a hunch there is probably some issue with dns or my
    primary mx.

    > This could occur if a major overseas line is down and asymetric routing
    > is being used to compensate.

    That's your problem.

    > I don't know what else it can be.

    Have you ever known what else it can be, DC?

    > Check your DNS and mail servers, and phone your ISP and make sure their
    > network is functioning properly.

    Argumentum ad antiquitatem, DC. Nothing is 'good' or 'true' or 'correct'
    merely because "that's the way it's always been."

    > Will.

    Classic inconsistency.
    pcbutts1, Jul 6, 2005