Re: Can't Remove Global Search Bar in IE6

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Les Stewart" <> wrote in message
    > I have a customer with IE6 which has a "Global Search" bar. I disable it

    in
    > VIEW > TOOLBARS and when the computer restarts it is back. I can't find it
    > in MSCONFIG startup or in add-remove programs. Also have run Ad-Aware to

    no
    > avail.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!!

    More than likely in the registry. Do a search for it in the registry and
    delete any keys found.
    Richard, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Richard

    Jimchip Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:22:13 -0500, Richard wrote:

    > Do a search for it in the registry and
    > delete any keys found.

    Troll-o-meter: "Richard" = Richard Bullis; Category = Kook
    -----------------------
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    -----------------------
    /\

    Don't listen to "Richard". If there is ever any truth to what
    he says it is for the same reason a broken clock is correct twice a day.

    An example of Richard Bullis' technical knowledge:
    "Ho hum. another loudmouth wise ass.
    first of all buddy boy, newsgroups are not attached to the internet.
    they are two seperate entities.
    as a matter of fact, the newsgroups were on line before the internet
    was."

    A recent reply to Richard Bullis:
    "I really hate to say this, but Bullis....you are an absolute idiot. I
    am in awe at your complete lack of comprehension ability, and your utter
    ignorance."

    ---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
    http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/
    http://www.cabal.net/cenkoc/index1.html

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)
    Jimchip, Jul 9, 2003