Re: can't make Gmail default mail client in vista, help!

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Drnick, May 23, 2007.

  1. Drnick

    Drnick Guest

    > Gmail usually is accessed through a mail program. You can install it in
    > either outlook or outlook express or thunderbird. There are instructions
    > on the Gmail site. Otherwise Gmail is accessed via a web interface.

    umm.... did you even read my message? I'll break it down in a nice
    list since paragraphs and long sentences seem to elude you.

    - windows vista ultimate (32 bit)
    - outlook 2007 installed, using this JUST for the calender.. NOT for E-
    mail
    - Have Gmail account that is accessed through web portal
    - installed Gmail notifier and marked the checkbox "make Gmail my
    default mail client"
    - mail links STILL go to outlook...

    tried clearing "make outlook my default mail client" checkbox, still
    no luck.
    tried in boht firefox and IE
    all I want to do is click a mail link and have it open in Gmail's web
    portal? why won't this work?!

    Drnick, May 23, 2007

  2. Drnick

    russell Guest