Re: Can't login to XP Pro machine

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by jjw, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. jjw

    jjw Guest

    I have seen that exact thing....I suggest you google it 'windows xp log on
    log off' I think you will be able to find a solution to the problem.
    if I recall correctly, experts-exchange had a way to fix it.

    jjw

    jjw, Sep 22, 2004

  2. jjw

    the yeti Guest

    <----------------------------------------->

    Snip

    <----------------------------------------->

    The posters problem Log on and log back off. Its a real issue. I
    have seen it myself twice on two seperate machines. I wish I could
    say what caused the problem or exactly how to fix it, but I can't
    Unfortunatly googeling for "windows log on log off" comes up with a
    lot of unrelated responses.

    I fixed the one machine that was mine to fix using a BartsPE
    Winternals CD to set a system restore point. It worked good.

    To save the data, Pull the drive, or use Knoppix, or use a winternels
    or BartPE cd. Thats your best bet.

    The other issue he was having was that he couldn't log on in the
    recovery console because it wouldn't accept the Administrator
    password. This is a real problem too. I have seen it on a Dell and a
    Compaq. You can set the Administrator password to anything or leave
    it blank, but you can not log into the Recovery Console. I don't know
    what the issue is, but it does exist (at leaste on Dells and Compaqs)
    the yeti, Oct 5, 2004

  3. jjw

    the yeti Guest

    "Billy"

    > > Snip

    > KB article 308402 has some info and a link to the install disks.
    > The file can be created by downloading the executable to make the
    > install disks. Disk #6 (last one) will have the file you need.
    > You can just use one disk.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308402

    Cool - Thanx Thats a good Link!
    the yeti, Oct 19, 2004