Re: Can't login to XP Pro machine

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Gary, Sep 21, 2004.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I would pull the drive and put it in another machine as a second drive
    to extract the data you want. That is the most cost effective method.

    Gary

    Gary, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Gary

    Gary Guest

    >The only machine I have available at this time is a Win2K machine. Will it work?
    >
    >I will give that a try anyway.
    >
    >Bert
    >
    >Gary wrote:
    >
    >> I would pull the drive and put it in another machine as a second drive
    >> to extract the data you want. That is the most cost effective method.
    >>
    >> Gary
    >>

    >> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 07:59:50 GMT, BertS <> wrote:

    A W2K machine will read NTFS partitions so the answer is yes.

    Gary
    Gary, Sep 21, 2004

  3. For this kind of thing, I love my

    BYTECC 5.25" IEEE 1394 External Enclosure

    available from newegg.com (no, I'm not a rep from either company). It's
    an external case that takes a 3.5" or 5.25" IDE drive, and turns it
    into a firewire device. Awesome for backup (especially with hard drive
    prices being what they are today), awesome for eliminating viruses and
    malware that can otherwise be difficult to kill manually on a booted
    drive because they affect files that are "in use".
    USB versions are also available.
    Lloyd Hugh Allen, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Gary

    AG Guest

    "Lloyd Hugh Allen" <> wrote in message
    > For this kind of thing, I love my
    >
    > BYTECC 5.25" IEEE 1394 External Enclosure
    >
    > available from newegg.com (no, I'm not a rep from either company). It's
    > an external case that takes a 3.5" or 5.25" IDE drive, and turns it
    > into a firewire device. Awesome for backup (especially with hard drive
    > prices being what they are today), awesome for eliminating viruses and
    > malware that can otherwise be difficult to kill manually on a booted
    > drive because they affect files that are "in use".
    > USB versions are also available.

    I have to agree with you about New Egg. They even let us return some RAM
    that we ordered when WE ordered the wrong thing and credited it to us. Of
    course we did order more expensive RAM but they were real cool about it.

    AG
    AG, Sep 22, 2004