Re: Can't get past Windows 2000 login screen don't remember passord, or username?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Barry OGrady, Jul 29, 2009.

  1. Barry OGrady

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:44:02 -0500, Jack Newhouse <> wrote:

    >I have an old E-machine with Windows 2000 SP4 on it. I don't remember
    >the admin password, or the password for my other account.
    >
    >So I cannot get past the Welcome Login screen.
    >
    >I have a Windows 2000 installation disk, but they aren't made for
    >booting to. Also I'm not sure whether either CDROM works properly.
    >
    >So how can I format this hard drive and start over?
    >
    >How can I recover the usernames and passwords? Either way is fine. :-(

    Too easy.
    Download a password recovery cd image and follow the instructions.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, Jul 29, 2009

  2. Barry OGrady

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 00:42:49 +1000, Barry OGrady wrote:

    > =====
    > Home page
    > http://members.blahblah.net.au/~barry.og

    I checked that link and it has nothing whatsoever with the OP. Surely it
    should be in a signature file if it's unconnected with your post.
    Aardvark, Jul 29, 2009

  3. In message <>, Jack Newhouse wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 00:42:49 +1000, Barry OGrady
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:44:02 -0500, Jack Newhouse

    > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I have an old E-machine with Windows 2000 SP4 on it. I don't remember
    > >>the admin password, or the password for my other account.
    > >>
    > >>So I cannot get past the Welcome Login screen.
    > >>
    > >>I have a Windows 2000 installation disk, but they aren't made for
    > >>booting to. Also I'm not sure whether either CDROM works properly.
    > >>
    > >>So how can I format this hard drive and start over?
    > >>
    > >>How can I recover the usernames and passwords? Either way is fine. :-(

    > >Too easy.
    > >Download a password recovery cd image and follow the instructions.
    > >
    > >Barry
    > >=====
    > >Home page
    > >http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    > I took the four utility disks that I downloaded and installed, placed
    > them in the cd-rom drive of my two year old HP dual quad 2.4 Gig
    > machine and restarted the machine.
    >
    > In every case the machine found the cd-rom and booted to it allowing
    > me to recover all sorts of passwords. Unfortunately this isn't the
    > computer that is malfunctioning.
    >
    > When I put each one of the cd-roms in my E-Machine that won't let me
    > pass the login screen, the machine boots, looks at both cd-roms, I had
    > a different utility in each cd-rom drive, for about 15 seconds, then
    > it says no cd-rom found and proceeds to the hard drive where it locks
    > up at the login screen.
    >
    > It is already checking the cd-rom drives. So I don't see any purpose
    > of erasing the CMOS, or changing the boot sequence around.
    >
    > What next?

    Send it to me :)
    I'll taek 'er and put Zevenos or some other linux on it.

    If you decide to keep it. You *must* get into the BIOS to fix your "problem".
    Otherwise, you'll never accomplish what you supposedly seek to do.

    FYI
    HTH
    HAND
    P.fucking S., this is my last poast to you unless you're offering me that fine
    E-machine for free.

    ^_^

    --
    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 29, 2009
  4. Jack Newhouse <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:36:24 -0700, Steve <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,

    >>says...
    >>>

    >><snip
    >>>
    >>> It is already checking the cd-rom drives. So I don't see any

    purpose
    >>> of erasing the CMOS, or changing the boot sequence around.
    >>>
    >>> What next?

    >>So your a troll or terminally stupid. Until you can get into the bios

    and change
    >>the boot up sequence your're not going any farther.
    >>
    >>You come here asking for advice then ignor it.
    >>
    >>Piss off.

    >Penny,

    He gave up on your sorry ass. I'm too damn stupid to quit however...

    >do you agree that if the computer is already stopping at each
    >cd-rom drive looking for a cd to boot from

    Not unless its configured to do so. And the *default* is to boot from
    the hdd, not poll the cdr or fd.

    > and not finding it,
    >changing the boot sequence will somehow make a difference?

    Verify verify verify...
    You must check the boot sequence by *looking* in the BIOS.

    >I didn't have to change any sequence on my primary computer.

    Its set to boot from the hdd last then.
    Word.

    >It does
    >like they all do. It boots, looks at the cd-rom drives, or floppy
    >drives, and if it doesn't see anything there it boots from the hard
    >drive. Correct?

    That is not the default setting for pc's.
    Boot sequence is a mem test, short or extended, then polling the IDE or
    PCI bus or the new SATA bus to look for a drive with a MBR based-on
    whats indicated in the BIOS.

    At this point I'd reccomend you take it in to a shop.
    Sorry, but you fail the turing test for techs.

    Jus Sayin[tm]

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 30, 2009
  5. Barry OGrady

    Guest

    Jack Newhouse <> wrote:

    >I was calling
    >out for Penny since she has proven to be a wise and sensible person on
    >this forum

    I do thank you for the kind words, I do try to help out when I can, as
    do others. and I''m a He, the handle is from stephen kings IT, that
    takes place in Derrymaine.
    --

    Why?
    http://www.lowbird.com/user/Ustaa/view/2009/01/4chan-1231009146337
  6. Barry OGrady

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:40:15 -0500, Jack Newhouse wrote:

    > OK, I'll spend today trying to figure out how to get into the BIOS.

    < http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/
    generic/0,295582,sid192_gci1206494,00.html >

    If the link breaks over two lines, copy everything between the carets and
    paste into the address bar of your browser.

    Or you could always use the jumper to reset your BIOS settings to default,
    then enter the BIOS and change boot order to ensure the CD/DVD drive boots
    first, as you've been told a number of times. The simpler of the two
    options.
    Aardvark, Jul 31, 2009
  7. Re: Can't get past Windows 2000 login screen don't rememberpassord, or username?

    Aardvark <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<_RBcm.63175$2>:

    >On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:40:15 -0500, Jack Newhouse wrote:
    >
    >> OK, I'll spend today trying to figure out how to get into the BIOS.

    >< http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/
    >generic/0,295582,sid192_gci1206494,00.html >
    >
    >If the link breaks over two lines, copy everything between the carets

    and
    >paste into the address bar of your browser.
    >
    >Or you could always use the jumper to reset your BIOS settings to

    default,
    >then enter the BIOS and change boot order to ensure the CD/DVD drive

    boots
    >first, as you've been told a number of times. The simpler of the two
    >options.

    Which he'll have to do (jumper) since he claims the BIOS is password
    protected...right after claiming he will spend the day trying to get
    into the BIOS.

    I'm pretty sure I'm done with this one.
    He's yours.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 31, 2009
  8. Barry OGrady

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:57:20 +0000, §ñühw€£f wrote:

    >>Or you could always use the jumper to reset your BIOS settings to

    > default,
    >>then enter the BIOS and change boot order to ensure the CD/DVD drive

    > boots
    >>first, as you've been told a number of times. The simpler of the two
    >>options.
    >>

    > Which he'll have to do (jumper) since he claims the BIOS is password
    > protected...right after claiming he will spend the day trying to get
    > into the BIOS.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure I'm done with this one. He's yours.

    I used to like you.
    Aardvark, Jul 31, 2009
  9. Re: Can't get past Windows 2000 login screen don't rememberpassord,or username?

    In message <urEcm.167991$2>, Aardvark wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:57:20 +0000, §ñühw€£f wrote:
    >
    > >>Or you could always use the jumper to reset your BIOS settings to

    > > default,
    > >>then enter the BIOS and change boot order to ensure the CD/DVD drive

    > > boots
    > >>first, as you've been told a number of times. The simpler of the two
    > >>options.
    > >>

    > > Which he'll have to do (jumper) since he claims the BIOS is password
    > > protected...right after claiming he will spend the day trying to get
    > > into the BIOS.
    > >
    > > I'm pretty sure I'm done with this one. He's yours.

    > I used to like you.

    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

    Good One....

    new stuff thats in the groove:www.alice.bigbig.com

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 31, 2009
  10. Barry OGrady

    Guest

    Jack Newhouse <> wrote:

    >OK, I'll spend today trying to figure out how to get into the BIOS.
    >
    >I've tried to find the back door password for E-machines, but so far
    >no luck.

    Links I've collected

    My fav
    http://www.elfqrin.com/docs/biospw.html
    Using DEBUG to bypass the password, or using a wire to short the chip
    itself.

    http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm
    Programs to really mess you up :)

    http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/reference/biosp.htm
    Bios backdoor passwords.

    some are all pre ATX, and bios have evolved much since then.

    --

    Why?
    http://www.lowbird.com/user/Ustaa/view/2009/01/4chan-1231009146337
    , Aug 1, 2009