Re: Can't Get On Broadband :-(

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bedge, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. bedge

    bedge Guest

    Sounds like a driver needs instaling for the usb modem!
    is it showing up in device manage??
    (right my computer and go to propertys and look for hardware and click the
    device manager).
    if its no listed or has a yellow mark on it u need to reinstall it.
    good luck
    bedge
    "Mark Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is my first time using a news group so hope this works. Ok, well
    > basically we've been on dial up for quite abit through Freeserve and so we
    > decided to change to Broadband. All the stuff came and we plugged in the
    > modem and it had it's red light which we thought would go after about 10
    > days but it's still here. Were not recieving any broadband. It's been
    > reinstalled about three times by us. We called Freeserve and their tech
    > support couldn't help and Freeserve are still charging the credit card for
    > our account. The modem we have is a Copper Jet one and every time we go

    and
    > connect it says it does not detect the modem even though the USB light is
    > green, the phone line is plugged in and it is listed on the network

    adapters
    > list.
    >
    > Any advice please? It's been like this over a month. We had to resign

    up

    bedge, Jul 28, 2003