Re: Can't create new files on drive roots in Win8?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Sid Elbow, Dec 16, 2013.

  1. Sid Elbow

    Sid Elbow Guest

    Interesting. I didn't know this so I started to play with it by creating
    a text file in Wordpad.

    - I was unable to save it to c:\
    - When saved to the desktop I was unable to copy it to c:\
    - I *was* able to move it from desktop to c:\

    I wonder why Windows lets you do the latter.

    Sid Elbow, Dec 16, 2013