Re: Can't copy & paste to MS Works Document

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Keith, Sep 10, 2009.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    nutzel wrote:
    > Every time I try to copy and paste to a MS Works Document anything from the
    > web and it has an underlined link in the contents I get the pop up:
    >
    > "The information you copied exceeds the size limit for pasting into the word
    > processor. Try reducing the size of your selection and try again."
    >
    > Sometimes when I copy and paste just one word and retry the formally
    > rejected text, it will work OK. However, this doesn't always work.
    >
    > One time, when I was linked to a Dell help person who had control of my
    > computer, he done something to correct the problem. It worked OK for a few
    > weeks and now the problem is back.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Open up notepad or any other plain text editor, paste the text and then
    recopy it. What is happening is the format of the text is being
    transferred to the application when you copy the link.
    You should check in the pereferences of MS Works to see if there is a
    setting for pasting items from the clipboard to MS Works.

    --
    Best Regards, Keith | http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
    Tired of Google Groups? Use free Usenet access & programs.

    Keith, Sep 10, 2009