Re: Canon's Desperation And False Advertising Attract The FTC!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jufi, May 29, 2008.

  1. Jufi

    Jufi Guest

    "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    > WOW!! Leave it to Canon to stoop this low after getting trashed by
    > Nikon's D300 and D3. Well, Canon was in a decline before all the Mk III
    > focusing issues and years of low performance glass. But this is a new low
    > for Canon and hopefully the final act of desperation before going under.
    > No wonder we won't be seeing a 5D replacement this year. Sell your L
    > glass while it still holds a little value.

    Here's a few potential customers for that L glass:

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24780568/displaymode/1107/s/2/framenumber/11/

    Hmmm... Not many Nikons in this pic. Could it be that the people who
    make their living shooting know something you don't?

    Obviously.
    Jufi, May 29, 2008

  2. Jufi

    Noons Guest

    Jufi wrote,on my timestamp of 29/05/2008 10:17 PM:

    > Here's a few potential customers for that L glass:
    >
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24780568/displaymode/1107/s/2/framenumber/11/
    >
    > Hmmm... Not many Nikons in this pic. Could it be that the people who
    > make their living shooting know something you don't?
    >
    > Obviously.

    and look: the canon who took this image
    gave Madona 5 legs!
    Damn, should have asked Bret to put it
    through his p-p...
    Noons, May 29, 2008

  3. Jufi

    > Jufi wrote:
    >
    >>> WOW!! Leave it to Canon to stoop this low after getting trashed by
    >>> Nikon's D300 and D3. Well, Canon was in a decline before all the Mk
    >>> III focusing issues and years of low performance glass. But this is
    >>> a new low for Canon and hopefully the final act of desperation
    >>> before going under. No wonder we won't be seeing a 5D replacement
    >>> this year. Sell your L glass while it still holds a little value.

    >> Here's a few potential customers for that L glass:
    >>
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24780568/displaymode/1107/s/2/framenumber/11/
    >>
    >> Hmmm... Not many Nikons in this pic. Could it be that the people
    >> who make their living shooting know something you don't?

    > That's why we take pictures, to hold onto fading memories of times that
    > should be gracefully forgotten. Since more than two thirds of Mk II and
    > Mk
    > III shooters have converted to the D3 and D300 it's no wonder you want to
    > hold onto this nostalgic moment. Alzheimer's can be a wonderful thing.

    Agreed. That's why you neglected to provide a citation for this statistical
    bullshit you've fetched from the confines of your amazingly fat ass. As
    usual, you're completely full of shit.
    Jufi, May 29, 2008
  4. Jufi

    Jufi Guest

    "Noons" <> wrote in message
    > Jufi wrote,on my timestamp of 29/05/2008 10:17 PM:
    >>
    >> Here's a few potential customers for that L glass:
    >>
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24780568/displaymode/1107/s/2/framenumber/11/
    >>
    >> Hmmm... Not many Nikons in this pic. Could it be that the people who
    >> make their living shooting know something you don't?
    >>
    >> Obviously.

    > and look: the canon who took this image
    > gave Madona 5 legs!

    heh.... That gown does give her the look of Octopussy.

    Jufi, May 29, 2008
  5. Jufi

    Annika1980 Guest

    On May 29, 8:28 am, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:

    > Since more than two thirds of Mk II and Mk
    > III shooters have converted to the D3 and D300 it's no wonder you want to
    > hold onto this nostalgic moment.

    BULLSHIT ALERT !!!
    Annika1980, May 29, 2008
  6. Jufi

    Klark Kent Guest

    In message
    Annika1980 <> burned some brain cells writing:

    > On May 29, 8:28 am, "Rita Berkowitz" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Since more than two thirds of Mk II and Mk
    >> III shooters have converted to the D3 and D300 it's no wonder you want
    >> to hold onto this nostalgic moment.

    > BULLSHIT ALERT !!!

    You only needed to quote the "Reeta Jerkowitz wrote" to get a bullshit
    alert.
    Klark Kent, May 29, 2008
  7. Jufi

    Alan Browne Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > BULLSHIT ALERT !!!

    It's not like we need alerts.
    Alan Browne, May 30, 2008
  8. Jufi

    SMS Guest

    Jufi wrote:

    > Hmmm... Not many Nikons in this pic. Could it be that the people who
    > make their living shooting know something you don't?

    Also, in that picture, the white lenses really stand out, but there are,
    if you look closely, several black lenses which are probably attached to
    Nikon bodies.

    Nikon now has some bodies that compare favorably with the Canon
    professional models. There are two main reasons why Canon has such a big
    lead among professional photographers. First, Canon has a much more
    extensive line of professional lenses; Nikon has no answer to the Canon
    line of BWLs. Second, Nikon has only had a professional full-frame D-SLR
    for a short time, and nearly all professionals switched to Canon EOS
    after getting tired of waiting for Nikon to catch up. Nikon will
    certainly start to attract some professionals with their newer models.
    SMS, Jul 4, 2008
  9. Firstly if you are referring to white lenses at sporting events I will talk
    to those types of Pro's rather than advertising, fashion & wedding.

    You are a little off on a couple of points there. Nikon easily has the
    equivalent range of Pro lenses as Canon, in fact if you ask many Canon
    shooters they will actually tell you that Nikon has a better range.

    Full frame has nothing to do with why the above type of Shooters changed to
    Canon, it was in fact the resolution of the sensors and the focus
    performance that made them change. The only real choice for Pro's in the
    Nikon range for a long time (specifically Journalism & Sport) was the D2H
    (s), which was only 4MP. This was barely ok if you were just shooting for
    the paper, but near useless for Magazine. Canon's 1DMkII was miles ahead of
    anything Nikon had to offer. Closest they got was the D2Xs, and that still
    didn't give the quality at high ISO.

    In the Pj & sport area, the D3 is now so far in advance of anything else out
    there, that many large media organizations (in Australia anyway) are
    changing rapidly back to Nikon. These include The Age & Herald Sun. Getty
    Images shooters that I work with are very unhappy with the performance of
    the mkIII Canon, but apparently something in their workflow restricts them
    to Canon.

    Advertising, fashion & wedding shooters most likely changed because of the
    full frame offering from Canon, but I don't work in that area that much, so
    I won't put my house on it.

    Mick Brown

    Michael Brown, Jul 5, 2008
  10. Jufi

    Annika1980 Guest

    On May 29, 8:17 am, "Jufi" <> wrote:

    > Here's a few potential customers for that L glass:
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24780568/displaymode/1107/s/2/framenumber...
    >
    > Hmmm...     Not many Nikons in this pic. Could it be that the people who
    > make their living shooting know something you don't?

    Also, note how well-dressed the Canon shooters are. Class throughout.
    Compare that with your typical Nikon shooter.

    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/146/371274188_3af844e66a.jpg?v=0

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/2302172123_a21a29a6c3_m.jpg

    http://i.pbase.com/g6/39/611339/2/78815268.aNpjFGO7.jpg
    Annika1980, Jul 5, 2008