Re: Canon unveils EOS-1D C & C500 4K Cinema Cameras

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Joe Kotroczo, Apr 15, 2012.

  1. Joe Kotroczo

    Joe Kotroczo Guest

    On 15/04/2012 05:10, Rich wrote:
    > Alan Browne<> wrote in news:
    > :
    >
    >> On 2012-04-13 12:15 , Bowser wrote:
    >>> If Canon continues on their "video priority" path, I may switch to
    >>> Nikon for my next upgrade cycle. More and more it seems they're
    >>> sacrificing still photography for video, something in which I have no
    >>> interest. Damned shame, too.

    >> "What" has been sacrificed?
    >>
    >> To me video is an add-on that doesn't subtract from the whole.

    > Do we know that?

    Oh, come on. Canon has been making film cameras since 1956. They started
    making Hi-8 camcorders in 1989, they even had a Hi-8 camcorder with
    interchangeable EF-Lenses in 1991. They've made digital camcorders for
    as long as there have been digital camcorders.

    Recently the digital video camera market has been moving towards bigger
    sensors to get more of a "film look", and dSLRs with video have become
    popular as a cheap means to get said "film look" (which really is just
    shallow depth of field) and Canon is quite naturally following that
    move. They would be fools not to follow the market.

    The EOS-1D C is not a still photo camera, it is a video camera based on
    the EOS-1D X. If you're not interested in video, just ignore it.

    --
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    Joe Kotroczo, Apr 15, 2012

  2. Joe Kotroczo

    Bruce Guest

    Joe Kotroczo <> wrote:
    >Recently the digital video camera market has been moving towards bigger
    >sensors to get more of a "film look", and dSLRs with video have become
    >popular as a cheap means to get said "film look" (which really is just
    >shallow depth of field) and Canon is quite naturally following that
    >move. They would be fools not to follow the market.

    In fact Canon is doing what it does best - leading the market.

    >The EOS-1D C is not a still photo camera, it is a video camera based on
    >the EOS-1D X. If you're not interested in video, just ignore it.

    Well said.
    Bruce, Apr 15, 2012