Re: Canon PowerShot S400 vs Olympus Stylus 400

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jason O'Rourke, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Mark <> wrote:
    >If anyone could shed any light on the differences between the two
    >cameras it would be greatly appreciated. Especially in reference to
    >indoor shots of people.

    If splash resistance has value to you, go with the olympus. Otherwise,
    I think the canon (which I have) is a better choice. Canon is leading
    the market for good reasons and the elphs are a mature digital line.

    I esp. dislike the curvy nature the stylus/epic series has had for the
    last 10 years. It's much easier to work with a boxy form.

    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

    Jason O'Rourke, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Jason O'Rourke

    Mark Guest

    (Jason O'Rourke) wrote in message news:<bfpg5c$1no4$>...
    > Mark <> wrote:
    > >If anyone could shed any light on the differences between the two
    > >cameras it would be greatly appreciated. Especially in reference to
    > >indoor shots of people.

    > If splash resistance has value to you, go with the olympus. Otherwise,
    > I think the canon (which I have) is a better choice. Canon is leading
    > the market for good reasons and the elphs are a mature digital line.
    >
    > I esp. dislike the curvy nature the stylus/epic series has had for the
    > last 10 years. It's much easier to work with a boxy form.

    Jason,

    I checked some of the pictures on your website. Were those taken with
    the Canon S400?

    -Mark

    Mark, Jul 25, 2003