Re: canon g3 Driver removal

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Charles Eaves, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Can you use the system restore feature to reset your computer before you
    tried to update it?

    "snowball" <> wrote in message
    > I uninstalled the original drivers for this camera in xpsp1 and updated to
    > the new 5.05 version.Unfortunately I made the following error.I never
    > installed the new drivers properly.I unzipped them but neglected to run

    the
    > executable so they were never installed. I then connected the camera and

    it
    > somehow found the original drivers I had uninstalled and it worked for
    > awhile and then crashed xp. At this point i realized what i had done.In
    > essence i had connected the camera with no drivers installed, which the
    > manual and instructions tell you not to do and have had problems since.I
    > further complicated the problem by installing the updated drivers properly
    > but obviously over the originals.At this point, I can't uninstall the
    > originals as they don't appear in utilities.They do appear in add/remove
    > along with the updated ones that i can uninstall and have. The originals
    > appear there without the removal option. When I ckick on them , they just
    > show the frequency on use information( thats how i knew they were the

    ones

    Charles Eaves, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Charles Eaves

    snowball Guest

    No. They have since been removed. I wasn't aware of the problem at the time.
    I thought it was a software issue with the new file viewer which was the
    last thing installed.

    snowball, Jul 14, 2003