Re: Canon EOS300D/10D flash question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robertwgross, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Robertwgross

    Robertwgross Guest

    shoubhik wrote:
    >Does anyone know if the new EOS 300D or the older 10D support
    >non E-TTL flashes?

    All of those EOS digital cameras operate in E-TTL mode, so you really want a
    Canon xxx-EX flash unit such as 550EX. They will support Manual flash mode if
    your older flash unit does that only, but Manual isn't much fun.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Robertwgross

    Mark M Guest

    "Gore" <> wrote in message news:3f45e5b1$5.net...
    > > All of those EOS digital cameras operate in E-TTL mode, so you really

    want
    > > Canon xxx-EX flash unit such as 550EX. They will support Manual flash

    mode
    > if
    > > your older flash unit does that only, but Manual isn't much fun.
    > >
    > > ---Bob Gross---

    > Does someone know something about Sigma EF-500 Super (sort of 550EX clone)
    > and its compatibility with 10D or 300D?
    > I heard different things - it works in Manual, sometimes it works, it

    works,
    > don't work....

    I think you summed it up well with that last line up there... It works...it
    doesn't work... "Cross your fingers and hope for the best" seems to be the
    Sigma motto--

    Mark M, Aug 22, 2003

  3. Robertwgross

    Mark B. Guest

    "Gore" <> wrote in message news:3f45e5b1$5.net...
    > > All of those EOS digital cameras operate in E-TTL mode, so you really

    want
    > > Canon xxx-EX flash unit such as 550EX. They will support Manual flash

    mode
    > if
    > > your older flash unit does that only, but Manual isn't much fun.
    > >
    > > ---Bob Gross---

    > Does someone know something about Sigma EF-500 Super (sort of 550EX clone)
    > and its compatibility with 10D or 300D?
    > I heard different things - it works in Manual, sometimes it works, it

    works,
    > don't work....
    > Did someone test it (with 10D while 300D isn't available yet)?
    >
    > Best regards, Gore

    Yes, it does work. I use the Super on my D30, see my comments in my other
    reply. EF-500 Super DG is a newer version of that flash.

    Mark

    Mark B., Aug 22, 2003