Re: Canon A70 Tele-converter lens

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Zol., Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Zol.

    Zol. Guest

    Hi, I have the Canon x2.4 convertor and Yes it does require the same lens
    convertor tube.
    It`s a god lens and gives some good closeup shots - I`m not too sure on how
    you would go about equivalent equations comparing it to 35mm but Canon will
    correct errors on the website if they are wrong.
    As for how close can you get with the Lens/Adpter in place(?) - well I`ve
    taken shots with the camera zoomed out to it`s `wide` setting with the A70
    and used the circular effect created along with sepia to create some old
    style sepia shots of some steam trains (
    http://www.byphotos.com/public/detail.html?c_album=312959 in here if you
    want to take a look) but generally the lens when it`s attached to the
    adapter is `quick-release` so I can`t say that I`ve taken notice on how
    close you can get without this effect (sorry) - if you would like to check
    out the moon shot as well, I think I did this with the convertor at the time
    and of course a tripod :) (
    http://www.byphotos.com/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=3741858 )
    sorry you cant see the full size - the main image is enlarged with photoshop
    and the insert was at full size(this image is 1024x768 and original photo
    taken at twice that size)

    Hope that helps you more-or-less, regards ...

    Zol.

    "Thox" <> wrote in message
    > Group,
    >
    > I have a few newbie qustions for the A70 users out there.
    >
    > Does anyone have any experence good or bad with the Tele-coverter lens for
    > the A70? Doe's it require the use of the conversion lens adapter as the

    Wide
    > Converter and Close-up lens?
    >
    > I'd also like to know if it's (35 mm film equivalent at maximum telephoto:
    > approximately 252 mm) as it states in the system map provided with the
    > camera?
    > Another thought is how close can you take photos without removing the
    > Tele-converter lens? I'm not talking about close-ups, but normal range

    photos

    Zol., Sep 2, 2003

  2. Zol.

    Thox Guest

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 3:22:40 -0400, Zol. wrote
    (in message <4zX4b.367231$B%>):

    > Hi, I have the Canon x2.4 convertor and Yes it does require the same lens
    > convertor tube.
    > It`s a god lens and gives some good closeup shots - I`m not too sure on how
    > you would go about equivalent equations comparing it to 35mm but Canon will
    > correct errors on the website if they are wrong.
    > As for how close can you get with the Lens/Adpter in place(?) - well I`ve
    > taken shots with the camera zoomed out to it`s `wide` setting with the A70
    > and used the circular effect created along with sepia to create some old
    > style sepia shots of some steam trains (
    > http://www.byphotos.com/public/detail.html?c_album=312959 in here if you
    > want to take a look) but generally the lens when it`s attached to the
    > adapter is `quick-release` so I can`t say that I`ve taken notice on how
    > close you can get without this effect (sorry) - if you would like to check
    > out the moon shot as well, I think I did this with the convertor at the time
    > and of course a tripod :) (
    > http://www.byphotos.com/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=3741858 )
    > sorry you cant see the full size - the main image is enlarged with photoshop
    > and the insert was at full size(this image is 1024x768 and original photo
    > taken at twice that size)
    >
    > Hope that helps you more-or-less, regards ...
    >
    > Zol.

    Hey Zol,

    I appreciate your response. I think it's a good deal even with the extra
    expense of the converter tube. You have pretty much answered all my
    questions. I also appreciated your photo links. Your photos are excellent, I
    really enjoyed looking at the albums. I think the dragon photo was my
    favorite. Thanks!

    Thox

    Thox, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Zol.

    Zol. Guest

    "Thox" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 3:22:40 -0400, Zol. wrote
    > (in message <4zX4b.367231$B%>):
    >
    > > Hi, I have the Canon x2.4 convertor and Yes it does require the same

    lens
    > > convertor tube.
    > > It`s a god lens and gives some good closeup shots - I`m not too sure on

    how
    > > you would go about equivalent equations comparing it to 35mm but Canon

    will
    > > correct errors on the website if they are wrong.
    > > As for how close can you get with the Lens/Adpter in place(?) - well

    I`ve
    > > taken shots with the camera zoomed out to it`s `wide` setting with the

    A70
    > > and used the circular effect created along with sepia to create some old
    > > style sepia shots of some steam trains (
    > > http://www.byphotos.com/public/detail.html?c_album=312959 in here if you
    > > want to take a look) but generally the lens when it`s attached to the
    > > adapter is `quick-release` so I can`t say that I`ve taken notice on how
    > > close you can get without this effect (sorry) - if you would like to

    check
    > > out the moon shot as well, I think I did this with the convertor at the

    time
    > > and of course a tripod :) (
    > > http://www.byphotos.com/album/album_photo.html?c_photo=3741858 )
    > > sorry you cant see the full size - the main image is enlarged with

    photoshop
    > > and the insert was at full size(this image is 1024x768 and original

    photo
    > > taken at twice that size)
    > >
    > > Hope that helps you more-or-less, regards ...
    > >
    > > Zol.

    > Hey Zol,
    >
    > I appreciate your response. I think it's a good deal even with the extra
    > expense of the converter tube. You have pretty much answered all my
    > questions. I also appreciated your photo links. Your photos are excellent,

    > really enjoyed looking at the albums. I think the dragon photo was my
    > favorite. Thanks!
    >
    > Thox

    Cheers, I think it helps to see some photos taken with the equipment - I`m
    still on a learning curve but I help(try) others from the knowledge that
    I`ve picked up or gained from my experiences ... Zol.

    Zol., Sep 4, 2003