Re: Canon 10D - just to let you know. and "Err 99" blinking.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Lionel, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    On 11 Jun 2003 07:35:34 GMT, in
    <>, USSAN (S
    f S) said:

    >Some Sigma lenses made before December 2000 will require upgrading in order to
    >function properly with the Elan 7 and EOS 10D camera. This modification is not
    >necessary for Sigma HSM type lenses. There may be no outward indication that
    >the lens is not performing properly with the Elan 7 and EOS 10D camera. Owners
    >who believe their lens may require modification should contact Sigma's Service
    >department for instructions on how to have their lens upgraded.
    >
    >The lens should then be sent to Sigma’s Service Department, with a note
    >describing that the lens will be used with the new camera. Sigma technicians
    >will then perform the necessary upgrade.

    ....unless the lens is "too old", which is what the local Sigma reseller
    & Sigma USA told me when I asked about the "Error 99" problem I get with
    my Sigma lens.
    They sure as hell won't be getting any of my future business.

    Lionel, Jul 13, 2003