Re: Canon 10D Competitors' Battery

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark M, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Mark M

    Mark M Guest

    "Gary Ma" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to purchase extra batteries for the 10D, and I'm inquiring
    > if it's okay to recharge non-Canon brand batterys on the CB-5L, because
    > the Canon batteries are about $15 more. And which brand(s) should I
    > purchase? Thanks.

    Canon's battery is inferior to the Power-2000 BP-511.
    Canon=a mere 100 mAh
    Power-2000=1500 mAh

    And... the Power-2000's are only 34.95 vs. Canon's whopping 49.95 (at B&H).
    I have used both Canon batteries and these, and can testify to the fact that
    Canon batteries lose in ever respect--Power longevity, shelf charge-holding,
    and price. And yes, they charge just fine on the standard Canon chargers.
    Here's a link to the better battery at B&H:

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?D29F111A5

    Mark M, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Mark M

    Obake Guest

    In article <9%k0b.10707$nf3.2372@fed1read07>, "Mark M" <> wrote:

    >"Gary Ma" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm looking to purchase extra batteries for the 10D, and I'm inquiring
    >> if it's okay to recharge non-Canon brand batterys on the CB-5L, because
    >> the Canon batteries are about $15 more. And which brand(s) should I
    >> purchase? Thanks.

    >Canon's battery is inferior to the Power-2000 BP-511.
    >Canon=a mere 100 mAh
    >Power-2000=1500 mAh

    i think he meant 1100mAh ;)

    i've got 2 canon bp-511's using a bg-ed3 and i have yet to run out of charge
    during a shoot. even after a days shoot, the meter still reads full charge.
    i haven't tried running them till they run out, but i'd be confident they will
    last well over 3 full days, no need to buy extra batteries.

    but after saying that, i've got nothing against cheaper batteries that hold
    more charge :) if i had to replace my existing batteries, i would prob go
    that way and not canon. i got the 2 i have now in a packaged deal (Canon
    'Pro-Kit')

    Obake, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Mark M

    Mark M Guest

    wrote:

    > >"Gary Ma" <> wrote in message
    > >> I'm looking to purchase extra batteries for the 10D, and I'm inquiring
    > >> if it's okay to recharge non-Canon brand batterys on the CB-5L, because
    > >> the Canon batteries are about $15 more. And which brand(s) should I
    > >> purchase? Thanks.

    > >Canon's battery is inferior to the Power-2000 BP-511.
    > >Canon=a mere 100 mAh
    > >Power-2000=1500 mAh
    > >

    > i think he meant 1100mAh ;)

    Ooops! Yes.
    Canon is 1100 mAh (not 100mAh)...400 mAh less than the power-2000.

    Mark M, Aug 19, 2003