Re: Cannot set 128bit WEP Key for Compaq W200?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Anderas Klein, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. kholthaus wrote:

    > I would like to set up my Compaq W200 WiFi module (802.11b) to use 128bit encryption. However, WinXP does not allow me to enter 26 Hex characters as the network keys, it will always truncate them back to 10 characters.

    What do you mean with "truncates them back"?

    WinXP always shows ten dots (regardless of the length of the real
    password). It also shows ten dots with WPA although a much longer key is
    used (and does work).

    Bye,

    Andreas

    --
    Please remove '-reject-' from the mail address when answering by PM
    (SPAM protection).

    Anderas Klein, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Thanks for the reply - I didn't know that it always only shows 10 dots.

    But in any case, switching to 128bit encryption does not work - while 40/64 bit does... So, I guess the problem is somewhere else... *sigh*

    =?Utf-8?B?a2hvbHRoYXVz?=, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Anderas Klein

    aerickey

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    same problem

    hi,
    I seem to be having the same problem as you. Did you ever get th problem with the wep password fixed?
    Angie

    aerickey, Jul 29, 2009