Re: Cannot reboot my windows 98 !

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by NZed, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. NZed

    NZed Guest

    Thanks Gavin
    I have tried that...reinstalled the old drivers...still no luck.

    NZed

    "Gavin Tunney" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:57:50 +1200, "NZed" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Can any one offer me advice and instructions on how I reinstall windows

    98

    > >I replaced my powersupply and wanted to fix the graphics drivers.
    > >Powersupply went in and then updated the graphics driver...then it

    wouldnt
    > >boot up.
    > >Error message : Fatel exception OD has occured at 035F:000007E1 The

    current

    NZed, Jul 14, 2003

  2. NZed

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:44:43 +1200, "NZed" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks Gavin
    >I have tried that...reinstalled the old drivers...still no luck.

    Ok. You've made a few changes and now the system doesn't work, which
    suggest the changes you made are what caused your problems. Could be
    the PSU is the problem, but a couple of other things to try;

    Manually change the video driver in device manager to standard VGA &
    see if it will then start in normal mode. If it does then look in the
    /INF folder for the inf file for the new driver you installed and
    delete it. Windows will then let you reinstall the old video driver.

    If no go then try starting up to a command prompt and running scanreg
    /restore. Restore the registry saved just before you changed the video
    drivers.

    If both don't work then you can reinstall by booting off the CD, or
    you'll have to load Dos mode CDRom drivers so you can see the CD in
    safe mode. You can process autoexec.bat and config.sys by booting to a
    normal command prompt, and then start in safe mode by typing win /d:m

    GT
    Gavin Tunney, Jul 14, 2003