    this talk on here about these sites you pay all this money too seems
    unnecessary to me. Knowledge comes from hard work and the vast information
    source we call the Internet IMHO. Good luck in your decision.

    Keith Chilton, Jan 4, 2007

  2. Keith Chilton

    TurkReno Guest

    "Keith Chilton" <> wrote in
    news::

    > All
    > this talk on here about these sites you pay all this money too seems
    > unnecessary to me. Knowledge comes from hard work and the vast
    > information source we call the Internet IMHO. Good luck in your
    > decision.

    Keith: First off, the *official* training providers can help you
    improve your test scores. The ones that are cheating outright who
    "Guarantee you'll pass or your money back" are the ones you obviously
    need to stay away from. Knowledge does come from experience, but there
    is proper training out there. Bootcamps, braindumps, and the like just
    aren't the way to fly. MOC Courses taught in a classroom are your best
    bet to pass an exam, imho.

    "Cannot Decide": Secondly, Google is your friend. That's basically
    what you learn from being an MCDST. You are a certified Google/Search
    Engine expert. Its silly sometimes, but either way, it can get you a
    job in more than just "Tier 1 Tech Support" at Dell or wherever.
    Consider that ANY Certification if you achieve it will increase the
    likelyhood of your employment at any future employer. Certifications
    show that you can actually do the job rather than having a resume that
    says you were there for 6 months and accomplished nothing. Well, maybe
    if you had a certification, it would be important. That is the entire
    reason that you're here Mr. "Cannot Decide", you're here because you
    need to better yourself.

    Finally, Is the MCDST best for you as far as UNIX? Hrmm. That's a good
    question. I would gather to say "No" to that. I would rather see
    someone who had UNIX experience know more than a DST...so you're
    probably better off going higher. If you're looking for a Microsoft
    Certification, going for the MCSA on XP/2003 is your best bet.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 5, 2007