Re: Cannot decide

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. Being in a UNIX environment, and then taking a 4 year sabbatical; let me
    ask you this: Do you know anything concerning Windows XP Professional?
    There are a couple of questions you asked that can only be answered by
    yourself.

    1.) Does it make sense to pursue MCDST?
    We cannot answer that for you. Do it make sense to you to pursue it? I
    could say yes, things may change for you and you go to work again for
    UNIX support and then are upset with me because I told you it is worth
    it. The certification has its value, you decide on how much it is
    worth.

    2.) Would I be able to pass the test with the help of the two press
    books from Microsoft?
    Has it been done before? I am very sure it has been. Without prior
    knowledge of diagnosing and troubleshooting Windows XP Professional in a
    network environment, it will be difficult to negotiate the test
    successfully and with confidence. And in doing so if you pass both test
    in this fashion, achieving you MCDST, what value will the
    certification hold to you honestly?

    3.) Is it very difficult?
    Is UNIX? I know nothing about the OS except its history. Knowing
    nothing about this operating system, will it be difficult for me to
    learn? Not knowing your skills, we cannot answer that. I found the
    questions to be easy. However I have been playing around with XP in and
    out of a network environment since its beta. I am very comfortable
    with this operating system. But are you?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 4, 2007