Re: Can you 'threaten legal action' in a email?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo, Mar 12, 2009.

  1. OldGringo

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The WeReo_ScoTTy Post:
    > A couple of days ago I had one of these bumbling buffoons send me a email
    > saying he was contemplating "taking legal action of his own" if he catches
    > me talking about him again on the internet. This was BRASS-Brain, of course.
    >
    > The boob was actioned by his ISP just last month for doing the same thing.
    > Well he didn't threaten "legal action" that time, just other "tortious"
    > emails he apparently can't resist from sending me.
    >
    > So his ISP immediately wrote me back saying they've "taken the appropriate
    > action" against BRASS-Brain. You know they never tell you what they do.
    >
    > My question is, if they sent me a email saying they've taken care of the
    > situation, what did they do and is just THREATENING A LAWSUIT against
    > someone in any email a strong enough violation to trigger some action, or no
    > action at all?

    Just sit back, pay no attention, relax, and enjoy your freedom of
    speech. Be sure to use the word Think.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo, Mar 12, 2009

  2. OldGringo

    iL_WeReo Guest

    On Mar 12, 11:13 am, OldGringo <> wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The  WeReo_ScoTTy Post:
    >

    > > A couple of days ago I had one of these bumbling buffoons send me a email
    > > saying he was contemplating "taking legal action of his own" if he catches
    > > me talking about him again on the internet. This was BRASS-Brain, of course.

    > > The boob was actioned by his ISP just last month for doing the same thing.
    > > Well he didn't threaten "legal action" that time, just other "tortious"
    > > emails he apparently can't resist from sending me.

    > > So his ISP immediately wrote me back saying they've "taken the appropriate
    > > action" against BRASS-Brain. You know they never tell you what they do.

    > > My question is, if they sent me a email saying they've taken care of the
    > > situation, what did they do and is just THREATENING A LAWSUIT against
    > > someone in any email a strong enough violation to trigger some action, or no
    > > action at all?

    > Just sit back, pay no attention, relax, and enjoy your freedom of
    > speech.  Be sure to use the word Think.
    >
    > --
    > Old Gringo
    > Just West Of Nowhere